• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Folder and files missing from project

Participant ,
Nov 16, 2017 Nov 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I am in RoboHelp and open my project the folder and files do not appear in HTML Files (Topics) folder.

However, if I open the project in Windows Explorer, I can see the folder and the htm files.

How can I get access to these files in the project again?

And what would make this happen?

Thanks,

MDawn

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 16, 2017 Nov 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi MDawn - Are you the person I worked with earlier today? The forum name doesn't seem to suggest it, which is why I'm asking.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 17, 2017 Nov 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I'm not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of RoboHelp?

Are all updates applied?

Is source control involved?

Where is your project located?

Does this happen with the sample projects. Click Open on the RoboHelp Starter page and then click Samples in the ribbon on the left.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Peter,

Which version of RoboHelp? 2015

Are all updates applied? I'm at 12.0.4.460

Is source control involved? No

Where is your project located? On the C:\ drive of my laptop

Does this happen with the sample projects. Click Open on the RoboHelp Starter page and then click Samples in the ribbon on the left. No

It's only happening to one of my my projects. I'm wondering now if I copied the folder into the wrong project accidentally. Could that cause this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are they in the right place in File Explorer? I know you can see them but in the right project?

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did find the folder in the wrong project. I created a new project with the correct name and imported all those files. However, that's not working very well and there are LOTS of broken links.

Thanks,

MDawn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps all you needed to do was put the folder back in the project, rather than start a new one. Try that.

Are all the paths in the new project the same as the old? Exactly the same.

Try reopening the new project after deleting the CPD.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just deleted the other thread.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For some reason, the original project was gone. I have found if I right-click the file name in the Broken Links folder and click Restore, they are placed in the correct folder. I believe I can salvage this!

Thanks,

MDawn

P.S. I reserve the right to come back to this issue, however.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp