• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FTP window

Explorer ,
Nov 09, 2017 Nov 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I upload a ton of files at once, the FTP/Background File Activity window shows me what's uploading until it reaches about 1000 files. Then it just freezes. The files still keep uploading, I just don't get to see what they are. This has been going on for at least a year or so. I tried resetting my preferences and deleting the cache file. It happens on any website I work on and does the same thing when I'm downloading.

Any ideas? Murray?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 09, 2017 Nov 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Background processes only reveal so much. 

Go to Windows > Results > FTP Logs to see what's happening.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 10, 2017 Nov 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are the logs shown in real time?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 15, 2017 Nov 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried that. The window is empty.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 16, 2017 Nov 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to be sure, does this issue exist only with DW and not with Filezilla? Not trying to compare the two here, but I am trying to be sure that the issue isn't specific to your computer.

From what I know, there haven't been significant changes to the FTP feature in DW in the previous year, so it is possible that what you are experiencing is a limitation or a bug. I suggest getting in touch with Adobe Customer Care Contact Customer Care for further investigation.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 16, 2017 Nov 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to go through customer care, I get sent back to the forums... I appreciate irony, but that's ridiculous.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 17, 2017 Nov 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Dreamweaver do you have? I am guessing that you were sent back to the forum because you have a version of Dreamweaver that is no longer supported. There have been several improvements to FTP in the latest version of DW CC.

Let us know if you are subscribed to DW CC.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dreamweaver CC 18.0, 10136 Build. Should be the latest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please send me your case number over a private message. To send a private message, click my picture and use the Message button. If you do not have a case number, send me your Adobe ID (email ID associated with your subscription.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you resend your ID? I received an empty message.

I tried using the email ID with which you are registered on the forums, but I don't see a case with FTP issue. Do you remember the agent that you chatted with? Can you send the name to me?

If you contact Adobe Support, you usually receive an email about your interaction. Did you not receive one?

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't chat with an agent. I followed the link you provided and the only support option it gave me was a link back to the forums. I was logged in at the time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From what I know, some of the options are not displayed if agents are busy at that moment. I am not very sure however.

Did you try using this route after opening the site

Creative Cloud All apps > Dreamweaver > Troubleshoot > Show more options?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not seeing that route under Dreamweaver...

adobe.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was referring to this link I sent you previously

Contact Customer Care

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah, got it. Chatting now, thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Squiggy2,

it's well known, that in all these cases you describe I'm not a friend of a detailed troubleshooting. To be able to be independent in all this things It is one of the reasons why I prefer an external FTP program. The difficulties with which you have to fight encourage me in this opinion, not least because we always search for experts, we don't charge a "jack of all trades".

To manage several websites or to upload my files and sometimes for the opposite way, for a necessary download from my server or to use a "a site-wide synch", I'm using FileZilla. It simply looks easier for me to keep track of all operations precisely and generate or reflect easily the desired tree structure.

Above all, FileZilla has a feature (translation from my German FileZilla) called "compare file list". Here it's possible to use file size or modification time as a criterion. There is also the possibility to "hide identical files", so that only these files which you want to redact remain visible.

And even if it means you have to install a new program, I am convinced that there is an advantage and it's worth giving it a try.

Here the links to get it and where you can read informations about how it works:

http://filezilla-project.org/ and http://wiki.filezilla-project.org/Tutorial#Using_the_site_manager

Mac: Mac OS X (Use: Show additional download options)

http://filezilla-project.org/download.php

Of course, you also need all the access data to reach your server and for MIME issues, you should contact your web host/provider.

Good luck!

Hans-Günter

P.S.

Since I use two screens, the whole thing became even more comfortable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Hans. I have Filezilla and use it on occasion. I was just wondering about Dreamweaver. Yes, having two monitors is fantastic. I couldn't work with just one monitor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines