• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Reader DC only showing a few pages, not all pages??

New Here ,
Nov 17, 2017 Nov 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Community,

I opened a .pdf file in Reader DC, and for a brief moment, it showed me 17 pages in my .pdf document, via some sort of a table of contents or icons on the left hand side of my document in a pane.  I could click on these icons and it would show me every single page, many pages I didn't even ever know where in here because I never saw them before.  It is NOT the thumbnails, it was some other tool.  (Table of contents or something?)

I accidentally closed the document, and when I re-opened it again, I only see thumbnails with only 6 pages.  Where did the other 11 pages go?  Why are they hidden?  How did they hide themselves?  Why did they hide themselves?  The thumbnails only show me the first 6 pages.  What do I click on to unhide or show the other 11 pages?  I have been struggling with this for almost 2 hours, and nothing on Google, and nothing on Adobe help at all.  Where did these pages disappear to????

The document is my full tax return, which had 17 pages in it.  Now Acrobat Reader DC shows the first 6.  I can't see any of the other pages anymore.  HELP!!

Thanks

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 19, 2017 Dec 19, 2017

Hello WFCTGroup

Sorry for the delay in response to your query and apologize for the inconvenience caused. As per the description above, you are not able to see all the pages of your Tax return PDF file in Adobe Reader DC, Is that correct?

From the above description, it seems that the thumbnail preview was  enabled for the PDF file, and it got disabled. To enable the Thumbnail preview,  navigate to Edit>Preferences>choose General in the Categories list, and then select the Enable PDF thumbnail pre

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 19, 2017 Dec 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello WFCTGroup

Sorry for the delay in response to your query and apologize for the inconvenience caused. As per the description above, you are not able to see all the pages of your Tax return PDF file in Adobe Reader DC, Is that correct?

From the above description, it seems that the thumbnail preview was  enabled for the PDF file, and it got disabled. To enable the Thumbnail preview,  navigate to Edit>Preferences>choose General in the Categories list, and then select the Enable PDF thumbnail previews in Windows Explorer check box.

Close the Reader DC and open the PDF file again and see if this brings any difference.

Have you checked with any other PDF file? Is it possible to share the PDF file with us so that we can check and replicate the issue?

You may also refer to Enable thumbnail preview of PDFs in Windows Explorer

To share the PDF file, please refer to the following KB doc How to share a document

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines