• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lost

New Here ,
Jun 13, 2017 Jun 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Altho my photos are not showing the   "Question mark" on the files, there is no preview that I can view. The preview boxes are all empty! Have I lost all my pictures?!

On on the left hand side in the folders box, they are all listed according to dates with no question mark stating they are missing, but on the right there are no photos to view.  Any ideas?

Many thanks!

puzzled & worried

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 13, 2017 Jun 13, 2017

Are there exclamation point icons on these photos, as shown in this document (Figure 2)?

Adobe Lightroom - Find moved or missing files and folders

If yes, follow the instructions in that document.

If no, follow these instructions: https://www.lightroomqueen.com/articles-page/how-do-i-change-my-monitor-profile-to-check-whether-its-corrupted/ and then restart Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are there exclamation point icons on these photos, as shown in this document (Figure 2)?

Adobe Lightroom - Find moved or missing files and folders

If yes, follow the instructions in that document.

If no, follow these instructions: https://www.lightroomqueen.com/articles-page/how-do-i-change-my-monitor-profile-to-check-whether-its... and then restart Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your prompt  reply. It makes sense.

There are exclamation point icons on my photos.

I have looked for them, but I am unable to locate the files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 14, 2017 Jun 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you use an external or an internal drive to save your pictures?

If the pictures are located on an external drive is the drive connected and does it have the same drive letter?

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 14, 2017 Jun 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

patriciap99156951  wrote

Thank you for your prompt  reply. It makes sense.

There are exclamation point icons on my photos.

I have looked for them, but I am unable to locate the files.

Exactly what did you do to look for them?

Did you use your operating system's search feature to search for at least one of these photos by file name?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2017 Nov 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same issue.  When I click on the ! it gives me the option to click "locate" so I click that and it brings me to a folder where the photo should be but there is nothing in that folder. 

I have also searched for my backups, that I do every time I open LR but there are no photos there either.  I am missing/unable to locate all of my 2017 photos.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you moved the images when not using Lightroom?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

JodiParmar  wrote

I am having this same issue.  When I click on the ! it gives me the option to click "locate" so I click that and it brings me to a folder where the photo should be but there is nothing in that folder. 

I have also searched for my backups, that I do every time I open LR but there are no photos there either.  I am missing/unable to locate all of my 2017 photos.  

You need to find the photos USING YOUR OPERATING SYSTEM by using the search feature to search all hard disks(s) for one of these photos by file name. Once you have found it then ... make a note of what folder it is in ... then go into Lightroom and repeat the process, click on the ! and navigate to the folder you just found and select the photo inside that folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines