• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Auto sizing popup feature not working in Firefox

New Here ,
Dec 08, 2008 Dec 08, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have started using Firefox as my default browser instead of IE. I just discovered that the popup windows, which I've linked from an image map on one particular document do not work. In the following doc, the image has about 35 links to popup windows, none of which work in Firefox. They do work in IE.

http://www.stoneedge.com/help/Main_Menu_5.8_Beta.htm

Is this a known issue? I couldn't find reference to it on the forum, so then I wonder if its a matter of settings. I turned of Firefox's popup blocker, so that's not it. I do prefer to use the popup, but if there's no fix, the "Display in Frame" option DOES work in Firefox, so I'll just have to use that instead.

Any information, fixes, suggestions are much appreciated!

Thanks,
Beth

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 09, 2008 Dec 09, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of RH are you using? A lot of issues were fixed in the patches for RH7.

See Browsers on my site.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed the patch at some point, so I am running RH version 7.02.001, but the auto-sizing popup is still not working in FireFox.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Test it in a new project. My understanding was that this had been fixed.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 07, 2009 Oct 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I'm also having an issue with auto-sizing popups in Firefox. I'm running RoboHelp HTML 7.03.001. In projects created in this version of RoboHelp the popups work correctly in Firefox, but in projects created in an earlier version and updated in this version, the popups are not correctly sized and always appear at the top of the window instead of next to the link they're connected to. This same problem occurs in topics that were created in an earlier version of RoboHelp then imported into a project created in version 7.03. Is there any way to fix the older popups?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Have you tried Tools | Update DHTML-effects in topics ?

You may also want to check out this post: http://forums.adobe.com/message/2262688, and this post: http://forums.adobe.com/message/2207677#2207677 I don't know if the problems there are exactly the same as yours, but it's definitely worth a try, especially Praful's 'updated' ehlpdhtm.js.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your reply Willam.

I poked around a little more and discovered that the popup size issue I was having actually had to do with a combination of factors that didn't actually relate to Firefox so that's no longer a problem.

However, the placement of the popups in Firefox is still an issue. I tried the new ehlpdhtm.js file you pointed me to, and it does prevent the popups from appearing partway off the screen, but they still always appear at the very top of the screen. (The Tools | Update DHTML-effects function had no effect.) It's not the end of the world, since the popups do appear, but it's not ideal behaviour either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp