• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photography map project

New Here ,
Nov 18, 2017 Nov 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As part of a university project, I'm making a website to locally display my photography work to the professor. My intention is to have a full screen map background with points that display the photos and some text on rollover. I have run into a lot of problems with this. Mostly to do with the map not appearing full screen and the object buttons moving around to places they shouldn't. Help me! 😮

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 18, 2017 Nov 18, 2017

Something like that is really a challenge in responsive design and impossible, if you use a browser fill to display the backgrround map:

In this case the map’s size and/or position will vary according to the browser’s window size. The „hotspots" of course won’t react synchronously.

It is very easy to do using a fixed width page. On responsive pages you really need a considerable insight in responsive design, and in Muse’s way to handle it.

Just read these threads to get an impression of the problem

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Nov 18, 2017 Nov 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something like that is really a challenge in responsive design and impossible, if you use a browser fill to display the backgrround map:

In this case the map’s size and/or position will vary according to the browser’s window size. The „hotspots" of course won’t react synchronously.

It is very easy to do using a fixed width page. On responsive pages you really need a considerable insight in responsive design, and in Muse’s way to handle it.

Just read these threads to get an impression of the problems, you will be facing, when creating a responsive layout:

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2410624

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2271454​

You may as well have a close look at this site (one „original“ page with shifting elements, one page with synchronously moving elements and a downloadable .muse demo file:

http://landing-summer.businesscatalyst.com/before.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2017 Nov 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks mate. Will look into it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines