Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stroke creates spikes on letters

New Here ,
Nov 18, 2017 Nov 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey

I have a problem with the Essential Graphics tab.

Every time when I add a text and try to outline it, it creates a spike on some letters.

I have seen a solution, where you have to change the miter limit in the strokes panel, but it was from 2011 and i can't find the stroke options anymore.

Is there another solution ?

I am thankful for every help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 18, 2017 Nov 18, 2017

OK, all I can say is trash preferences, see if that will help.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the tutorial you saw was from 2011 then it was in the old text engine. That text engine can be found by going to file/new/legacy title.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know, I always use the new Text tool but if I want to add a stroke to the text, letters like A get a spike but I don't know how to get it away or how to open the stroke panel in CC 2018, if it even still exists

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this on this particular font or all fonts?

Select text in Program window

Open Effect Controls and scroll down to Appearance/stroke.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well on most of them. In my latest projects I used Rockwell bold and put a 25 stroke on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

25 might be a bit too much.

Please post screenshot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My overlay is in german

Screenshot Font.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, all I can say is trash preferences, see if that will help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What ? How? Where?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hold down shift + Alt while opening Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kind of worked It fixed other things but I guess it's because of the font. Thank you very much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, Your right the spike appear on some characters like A in Rockwell Bold font or even in Arial Black font.

The only solution I was able to find was to mask the text using the mask option given in text inside the Effects Control Panel of Premiere pro cc 2018 or change the font if possible...screenshot for reference for masking -

Screen Shot 2017-11-18 at 11.37.47 PM.png

You can also create text in After Effects and then import AE project into Premiere pro or if you use it very frequently the same kind of text  with high stroke value than create a motion graphics template from After Effects and than use it in premiere pro. Guide to create template in AE - Learn to Create Custom Motion Graphics Templates in After Effects CC | Adobe Creative Cloud - YouTub...

Although all the above is not the prefect solution, So ideally when we check the stroke option in effects control or essential graphics panel, it should have some more settings for stroke i.e. outside, inside, miter/corner options. Please make a Feature Request/Bug Report Form to Adobe to include it in upcoming updates of premiere pro.

Vishu Aggarwal
Adobe Certified Instructor, Professional and Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines