• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR CC edits not syncing to LR Classic

Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2017 Nov 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edits made to an image in CC are not syncing to Classic.

I have waited over 24 hours, restarted both Classic & CC, without any luck.

Has anyone experienced this as well?  Is it just the instability of CC v 1.0?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it say that everything is synced and backed up in both CC and Classic? In CC you click on the cloud icon and in Classic you click on the logo or look in preferences->Lightroom CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I'm seeing the same thing. First of all, I haven't migrated my entire catalog and don't intend to. But Lightroom CC indicates that everything is synchronized and backed up. And the images that I downloaded directly to Lightroom CC are the ones I have been working on. They don't update to Lightroom Classic, and they don't update to Lightroom on the web either. It's not really a big deal for me because I'm not going to depend on them anyway. Just trying to understand how they work. And the bottom line for me right now is that, they don't. Now collections synchronized from Classic work as expected just like they always have. At least they did the last time I tried them a couple of days ago. But nothing seems to synchronize from Lightroom CC back to Classic on originals that were downloaded in CC.

Correction: what I'm finding today is that adjustments made in Classic will transfer to CC. However, adjustments made in CC will NOT transfer back to Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did migrate all images, but with the intent of trying to work in both environments --- if syncing was functional.  From your report, it does not appear to be so the only "safe" thing to do is work in Classic mode and test further as bug fixes/updates are released. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The one-way sync is useful for view purposes, but LR online/web already gave us that capability.  The purpose of CC, as I understand it, is to enable some (and eventually all) functionality in a cloud based platform, which would be more convenient, but this first attempt may still need to take a few more baby steps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I'm old school. The more I have looked in to all this Lightroom confusion, the more I have turned to brushing up on my Photoshop/Camera Raw skills. I'm feeling a lot more comfortable there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In this case Adobe governs.  Therefore I am reminded of what Voltaire said in this regard --- “It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong.” 

I just discovered that this puzzle is unfolding a bit further as my edited version from CC has now appeared in my folder (not in the collection) as a virtual copy.  I have no clue of what to do with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My plan is to continue to use Lightroom Classic or Photoshop/Camera Raw for the foreseeable future. I have Lightroom CC installed and will play with it from time to time as it is updated and features are added. But it isn't what I want. I really don't care about the cloud. I don't take enough images to worry about it. I'm not into social media enough to worry about it. Lightroom CC just doesn't fill the bill for me. I might eventually install it on  my wife's laptop  but at this point that is even questionable. For while I would use it for I didn't go to the web and everything is already there now. I understand that some people are really excited about the new Lightroom CC. That's great. Go for it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes.  Checked that before inquiring.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines