• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Saving (exporting) photos from the new Lightroom CC to my computer

Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't figure out how to save my adjusted images to my computer. Help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 19, 2017 Nov 19, 2017

If you get a save option when right clicking in the browser version, it is not the save option that allows you to get the real image. It is just the preview image you see in the browser. If you want to save from the browser you can only do one by one. But indeed the screenshots from deborahkl look exactly like the browser version and not the desktop version. The web browser version cannot export multiple images at a time (there is a trick to do that though but it takes many steps). You need the

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2017 Nov 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John. Thanks for the response. I believe these instructions are for Lightroom Classic, not applicable to the new Lightroom CC. When clicking on multiple photos in the grid, clicking on Share, you only see a Share to the web or my Adobe portfolio. No Save as jpeg option appears (am I missing something...a Save somewhere else?). That being said, I have figured out how to save to my computer one photo at a time by going into the image detail and using the download option on the right. So, that helps. However, I'd really like to batch images and save them on my computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 16, 2017 Nov 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe these instructions are for Lightroom Classic, not applicable to the new Lightroom CC. 

No, they are for the new Cloud-based Lightroom CC. Not Lightroom Classic CC. I tried them myself before posting the link.

clicking on Share, you only see a Share to the web or my Adobe portfolio. No Save as jpeg option appears

This is what I see in Lightroom CC:

followed by

Same result if I click File > Save To...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2017 Nov 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you are not using the new, just introduced Lightroom CC. Here's what I see:

Lightroom save.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

deborahkl  wrote

I think you are not using the new, just introduced Lightroom CC.

Yes, I am. Version 1.0.1.

Here's a grab of the About screen:

How do you find that blue bar (2 selected, Delete...etc) in your screenshot above? I don't see that in Lightroom CC at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Highlight the images that you want to save, and then click (in the menu at the top) File->Save to. Or, right-click on one of the highlighted images and choose Save to. That will give you the dialog with the options to save copies of your images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's my whole computer screen, John:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't have a menu at the top? Have you tried right clicking on a highlighted image?

Capture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As you can see from my whole screen, Jim, I don't have a File, Save To option at the top:

How about sharing a screen grab from your Lightroom CC that show the File, Save As?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's what I get with a right click:

When I ask for Save As, I get a html option only. I think Jim and John that neither of you are using the new, just released Lightroom CC, but rather the old version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think Jim and John that neither of you are using the new, just released Lightroom CC, but rather the old version.

You keep saying that but I've just shown you a shot from my About screen showing that I'm running the brand new, Cloud-only Lightroom CC version 1.0.1.

Which version are you running?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I get it now.

We're running Lightroom CC on the desktop.

You're running Lightroom CC on the web via a browser

Photo Editor | Online Photoshop Lightroom​

Learn to use Adobe Photoshop Lightroom CC on the web

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/John+Waller  wrote

I think I get it now.

We're running Lightroom CC on the desktop.

You're running Lightroom CC on the web via a browser

Photo Editor | Online Photoshop Lightroom

Learn to use Adobe Photoshop Lightroom CC on the web

But even doing that the right-click "Save image as" option allows me to save an image as a JPEG on my computer. Something still doesn't look right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 19, 2017 Nov 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you get a save option when right clicking in the browser version, it is not the save option that allows you to get the real image. It is just the preview image you see in the browser. If you want to save from the browser you can only do one by one. But indeed the screenshots from deborahkl look exactly like the browser version and not the desktop version. The web browser version cannot export multiple images at a time (there is a trick to do that though but it takes many steps). You need the desktop version for that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder where Deborah is getting the idea she is using version 1.01. There is nothing on the web version to indicate that. At least I don't know how to find any version number on mine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed! The screenshot in Re: Saving (exporting) photos from the new Lightroom CC to my computer​ is clearly showing that this is lightroom running in the Chrome browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder if she assumed that after the installation of Lightroom CC it was necessary to go to Lightroom.adobe.com to run the program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh my gosh, thank you all. Yes, I was working off the browser. For some reason, I missed the download of the desktop application. It's now downloaded and up and running and all is well. Multiple saves, right clicks, it's all there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is all sort of confusing. I'm glad you finally got it sorted out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2018 Apr 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jao vdL,

Is your summary still accurate, that there isn't a bulk export out of the web version? You note there's a way with lots of steps, so you have a link to how?

I'm looking to get Lightroom mobile for a trip. It looks like with Mobile premium subscription you can only use Lightroom CC on web, and I'd like to be able to extract all photos as originals and XMP files at the end.

Thanks,

Philip

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 25, 2018 Apr 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you cannot export multiple images to originals+xmp from the web version. The desktop based Lightroom CC has this built in however. If you only get the mobile premium version that is a real limitation. You might be better off with a standard Lightroom CC subscription which will give you the mobile version, the cloud storage, and the desktop CC version which will all be synced.

On the other hand, it is possible to download your entire CC library in one go from the web using the Lightroom downloader tool: Download synced Lightroom photos and videos from the cloud to a computer . If you want all your images, this would be the way to go. You won't be able to select a subset of images for download and I am not sure whether it gives you xmp files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2018 Apr 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jao vdL, that is very helpful.

I looked at the full Lightroom CC subscription but isn't available monthly (annual only) which is what I'm after. Looks like that downloader will work though:

• The edits made to the raw images are written into the XMP sidecar files that accompany the downloaded raw files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 26, 2018 Apr 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think you are mistaken about the monthly payment plan, at least according to this chart:

https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-lightroom/compare-plans.html?promoid=VKW3KGR6&mv=other

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My apologies. It is not Save as, but rather Save to.​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines