Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC 2017 very slow and laggy after latest update

New Here ,
Jul 21, 2017 Jul 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies if this is the wrong sub.

I updated PS a couple days ago and it's been very laggy since.  I never had any lag before, even when working on my large files.  Now there's a couple seconds delay when switching layers, turning layers on/off, using tools, etc.  I've tried adjusting the usual things like allocating more RAM in the Performace tab (fyi, it's not using all of it), checking and unchecking the Use Graphics Processor option, checking the Scratch disks, and turning off Type Font Preview.  I've even defragged the hard drive recently.  Nothing seems to make a difference.

Not sure if this may be related, but I recently also downloaded and ran System Mechanic (before updating PS).  This cleaned up my system and freed up some hard drive space.  I also uninstalled several pieces of software I wasn't using (none was Adobe software).

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Edit: moved System Info from this post to my profile

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Nov 03, 2017 Nov 03, 2017

Hi guys. I had the same problem. Photoshop would Start and Run real laggy. What solved it for me at first was that i did a new user with admin privileges, and in there it ran reeal fast and smooth. That raised my question..why doesnt it run the same in the other user? so i deleted that user and i tried another thing. first unninstall photoshop from creative cloud. then.. Start: type Run, then in Run type regedit. there find LOCAL MACHINE, SOFTWARE, adobe, and delete the folder Photoshop. Restart

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 21, 2017 Jul 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you reset all tools and reset you Photoshop Preferences.  The latest update to CC 2017 upped its version to

Adobe Photoshop Version: 2017.1.1 20170425.r.252 2017/04/25:23:00:00 CL 1113967  x64

That update was available like 38 Days ago.  An update for ACR 9.12 was available a day or two ago. It should not change Photoshop CC 2017 performance. You Creative Cloud Desktop home should show you when you last updated CC 2017.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2017 Jul 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not reset anything.  Should I?  Creative Cloud says I updated 6 days ago, 1 days before my original post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 26, 2017 Jul 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, usually if you notice any strange behavior in Photoshop, try to reset the preferences.
How to delete/reset Photoshop preferences

This solve all the problems 8 times of 10. Which machine are you using?
Any chance you have installed something else?

Check also the space left on your hard disk, some times is it's very low, it can slow down Photoshop a lot (not only Photoshop).

Please let us know,
Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2017 Nov 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys. I had the same problem. Photoshop would Start and Run real laggy. What solved it for me at first was that i did a new user with admin privileges, and in there it ran reeal fast and smooth. That raised my question..why doesnt it run the same in the other user? so i deleted that user and i tried another thing. first unninstall photoshop from creative cloud. then.. Start: type Run, then in Run type regedit. there find LOCAL MACHINE, SOFTWARE, adobe, and delete the folder Photoshop. Restart PC and reinstall photoshop cc from Creative Cloud. hope it helps. Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2017 Nov 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adrian's solution worked for me as well. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2018 Feb 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi guys. I had  same problem. Photoshop would Start and Run real lagggy. What solved it for me was at first was that i did a new user with admin privileges, and in there it ran reeeeeeal fast and smooth. That raised my question..?why doesnt it run the same in the other user? so i deleted that user and i tried another thing. first unninstall photoshop cc 2017 from Creative Cloud by Adobe. then..- Start: type Run, then in Run type regedit. there find LOCAL MACHINE, SOFTWARE, adobe, and delete the  folder Photoshop.    Restart PC and   reinstall photoshop 2017 cc from Creative Cloud by Adobe.  hope it helps. Cheers.Crewman.In.Red​ !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines