• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Moving photos in a Lightroom CC Collection

New Here ,
Nov 18, 2017 Nov 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I put photos into a collection and I was rearranging them. It worked perfectly fine last night.

Today I am unable to move photos.

I am also working on another project in a collection and I have no problem with that one.

HELP!

Thanks,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you talking about the NEW Lightroom CC, the cloud-based Lightroom CC? It doesn't have collections. It has albums, and I can't move images in those albums. So please clarify which version you're talking about.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not the cloud based It's softwear on my computer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me clarify it a little better. Lightroom CC is a new program that is installed on your computer. But the images are uploaded to the cloud. It is a completely new program. It doesn't use a catalog like Lightroom CC has used in the past. It is a new program that was introduced just recently. Is that the program you are using, or are you using the more traditional Lightroom that has been around for about 10 years?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help. I just installed Lightroom a few weeks ago. I am not 100% sure..do you know how I can find out?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nbbm2017  wrote

Thanks for your help. I just installed Lightroom a few weeks ago. I am not 100% sure..do you know how I can find out?

You can go to the Help menu and click on the About Photoshop Lightroom and find out what version you are running.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what is strange is that I have 2 collections...one I am able to move photos the other one I can't. They were both created at the same time.

Is it possible that there is a setting that I inadvertently put on one of the collections that locked the collection so I can't modify it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

nbbm2017  wrote

Is it possible that there is a setting that I inadvertently put on one of the collections that locked the collection so I can't modify it?

Not that I'm aware of. You know that you click on the image itself and not on the border around the image. Right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines