• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

VRAM for photoshop and lightroom?

Nov 19, 2017 Nov 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm planning on building a computer for photoshop and lightroom.

My question is if the amount of VRAM affects performance? I'm planning on a Ryzen 5 1500X build with 16 GB (2x8GB) of DDR4 Hyper X 2133MHz RAM and a RX 560 (on a B350 MSI Bazooka motherboard).

Now the RX 560 comes with either 2 or 4 gigs of VRAM. The 2 gig version is about 30 euros cheaper.

Which one should give me the best bang for my buck?

Thanks for the help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Nov 19, 2017 Nov 19, 2017

'2 GB or more' is something you see on Adobe's help pages. Better to future-proof and go for 4 GB. There's also a list of graphics cards which Adobe tests on this page: Photoshop graphics processor (GPU) card FAQ 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

'2 GB or more' is something you see on Adobe's help pages. Better to future-proof and go for 4 GB. There's also a list of graphics cards which Adobe tests on this page: Photoshop graphics processor (GPU) card FAQ 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines