• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Elements 2018, trouble with 5k-monitor

Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2017 Nov 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have PSE 15. I have a known problem with 5k. I run 100% in the preferences and have very small menus. All other solutions is not working for me.

I now installed PSE 2018 and was hoping, but unfortunately, same problem. There are incredibly small menus with 100%, which is the model that works for me. All other modes give big black surfaces and hidden menu choices and more. To reboot in 4k is not an option.

When will this be resolved? I would like to upgrade since the background management attracts but is skeptical when this problem persists year after year.

Automatic or 200%, black areas and this is not an option

PSE_2018_5k__percent_scale_PS_automatic.jpg

100%, this is my option and this is Photoshop Elements 2018

PSE_2018_5k__percent_scale_PS_100_percent.jpg

Regards,

Kent

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2017 Nov 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for posting this question. I haven't purchase Elements 2018 yet, but am concerned I will run into a similar issue. Was hoping to find out the answer to this before I buy.

I am running Windows 10 Home on a Dell Inspiron 7559 with a 4K touchscreen monitor. I have had the issue of no upscaling (all text and icons being too small to read or interact with) in other applications and do not want to run into the same issue with PSE. I understand there is a 200% upscale feature, but you say that it is unreliable/creates black areas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 22, 2017 Nov 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could download the trial version of pse 2018 which is good for thirty days and see how it does before buying.

Download Photoshop Elements free trial | Adobe Photoshop Elements

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2017 Nov 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My question is more directed to "someone" from Adobe. I'm curious if they will support using Photoshop Elements 2018 on 5k resolution screens? The "fault" has been around for several years so I consider the question justified. I myself use version 15 with extremely small text in menus and dialogues.

My pictures on the question are from a 5k monitor and they show that it does not work satisfactorily.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2017 Nov 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As you can see in the pictures, you have to choose. Extremely small text in menus and dialogs or black surfaces with cut objects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines