• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

lightroom publish service, publish to smugmug

New Here ,
Jan 08, 2017 Jan 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good afternoon, I I could use some help, I've been trying for the last two days to to use the publish service in lightroom, to publish to smugmug. Ever since update error message started, the last two days I've been in touch with smug mug and they can't figure it out what's going on I am trying this avenue. See attached file this

is where I am at right now.

Screenshot 2017-01-08 12.33.22.pngScreenshot 2017-01-08 12.33.50.pngScreenshot 2017-01-08 12.34.21.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 08, 2017 Jan 08, 2017

Try creating the gallery first on smugmug.

Then go to the LR Publishing Manager and click the button Sync now.

When the named galley appears under the publish service tab you can drag images into it.

Normally I would expect to see your URL appear in the description box at the top . Yours is blank but sync may fix it.

Are you sure about the large size (210mp)? Are the originals medium format or similar size files?

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jan 08, 2017 Jan 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try creating the gallery first on smugmug.

Then go to the LR Publishing Manager and click the button Sync now.

When the named galley appears under the publish service tab you can drag images into it.

Normally I would expect to see your URL appear in the description box at the top . Yours is blank but sync may fix it.

Are you sure about the large size (210mp)? Are the originals medium format or similar size files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2017 Nov 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does not work. I have added and authorized the smugmug publish service. I have been able to create folders from Lightroom CC. But dragging a photo onto that folder results in......nothing. At all.

SmugMug continues to be a provincial, mom-and-pop service. Cute, but not pro. I think after several years with them, I'm going to quit. I'm tired of working with their almost good, but not quite level.

It seems that one would be able to achieve: create a folder, drag photos into it. But no. Not with SmugMug. It's always a fight with odd-looking interface and broken functions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, I see a lot of mention of the "LR Publishing Manager," but can not find how to launch it...?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One would think I'd be able to drag a photo into that New York City folder in the SmugMug Publish service. One would be wrong. Dragging a photo from the strip at the bottom of LR to that folder does....drum roll...absolutely nothing! Hooray smugmug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also interesting - it works flawlessly with the Facebook Publish service. Drag, drop onto folder, simple success. SmugMug?...fail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The added images are available flawlessly for upload to my SmugMug Gallery. But it is first necessary to sync the SmugMug hierarchy. Setting the publish service gallery as a target collection means I can press the B key in Lr Classic. No need to even drag & drop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 09, 2017 Jan 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried rebooting first? I have used the SmugMug publish service for some time and whenever it starts acting quirky, which it does from time to time, I reboot and that clears 90% of my issues. Just a thought.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines