• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Print colour difference between LR & PS using same image/paper etc

Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2017 Nov 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I bought a new Canon iP8700 printer I did a few test prints and got a poor result i.e. the print was nothing like what I saw on the screen so I adjusted the scree colour to see if I could get a better match but no joy. Tried from 5000 t0 9000 degrees. So I printed the exact same image fro Light Room and It was pretty good at the natural point for the screen. My test image is of a set of Crayola kids pencils ( the cases not the colour they give on paper. Colours cover the complete spectrum fairly well. The Photo Shop image appears dull, flat low saturation the white background (Kodak Ultra Premium Paper is far from white.

Any Ideas?? as I simply cannot  use PS like this.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without exact print settings and other info nobody can tell you much, but presumably you may have enebaled "Let PS manage colors" or something like that and introduced a conflict with color profiles vs. the printer's native driver optimizations this way.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Set both applications to "let the printer manage color" in the print dialog. This is a safe and "simple" setting.

This is the default in Lightroom, but in Photoshop the default is to "let Photoshop manage color". This more accurate and flexible, but it requires that you use the correct print profiles for your paper and ink. Not all printer manufacturers supply profiles for all their models, or not at all.

You still need to go into print settings and make sure you have the correct paper type here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the feed back, however The settings used in Photoshop are as follows

PRINT SETTINGS  :  Preset : Colour

Size  : A5

Media Type  : Photo (Kodak Ultra Premium)

Quality  : Best

COLOUR MANAGEMENT

Printer Manages Colour

Printer profile (greyed out)  sRGB IEC 61966- 2.1

Send 16 bit:  NOT CHECKED

Rendering : Relative Colourimetric

In Light Room settings (where they are displayed) are the same

But still the 'PS’ print is flat and dull compared to the Lightroom which is close to the the original objects in the image and the screen

Any Thoughts?

Jim Brown

[Personal info removed by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines