• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issues with syncing and restarting Lightroom CC

New Here ,
Nov 08, 2017 Nov 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having trouble syncing my photos in Lightroom CC. I have around 14,500 photos, and around 10,250 are still left to sync after three days. So it is working, but not well. Usually it syncs for a few minutes, then the number of photos left disappears and it just says "syncing" (which it isn't at that point). I've tried several workarounds:

1) Restart the program. When I do this, I also have to sign out and sign back in again or it doesn't load correctly. This is okay when I am connected to the Internet but I am concerned about whether I'll be able to use the program when I'm traveling without WiFi. Once I do this, the sync works for a few minutes and then stops again.

2) Selecting all the photos that are still syncing and changing the star rating to 1. Again, this fixes the problem temporarily but after a few minutes the same issue comes up again.

I've read that deleting all the photos that haven't synced and re-importing them can work, but with over 10,000 photos I'd rather not have to do that if there's another way.

I really like the look and feel of this software, but without a solution, I'm afraid I'll have to find an alternative.

Thank you to anyone who can help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 09, 2017 Nov 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi kristins,

As I understand that you are facing a slow sync issue while using Lightroom CC desktop app. Are you syncing the files to any mobile device? Once all the images sync to Lightroom CC then, you can edit the images while you are on the road and the changes will sync once you connect to the internet.

Also, what type of internet connection you have got? Dialup Or High Speed?

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2017 Nov 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Mohit,

Thanks for responding. I have the Android mobile app, and there's no trouble syncing the photos that have already been uploaded to the cloud to the mobile app. The problem is uploading my photos to the desktop program in the first place. Usually a couple hundred upload and then it gets "stuck." The only way I've gotten it to unstick is to quit the program, restart, sign out, restart again, and sign in. Using this method I've uploaded about 5,500 photos, but I still have almost 9,000 to go after 3 days of trying. I tried giving them all a 1-star rating but that didn't work for more than a few minutes either.

I have high speed internet. Last night I connected directly to the modem (bypassing the wireless) but that didn't help. My upload speed is around 10mbps. When it's not stuck, the uploads are pretty fast, but it gets stuck frequently.

Kristin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2017 Nov 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there,

I'm having exactly the same issue. The new lightroom CC stopped syncing. I used my tablet to upload and edit some pics, and it works. I can see the photos edited on my tablet online. However, after 5 days, any photo I edit using desktop app syncs. I checked windows firewall and used another internet connection, but nothing changes.

As Kristin said, No chance to delete and import again the catalogs to try make it happens.

D.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having the same problem - I can see the updated flags on my files when I check the mobile app from any device or from the web, but those changes aren't making it back to the desktop version (CC Classic) despite sync being on and ample network connection.  It says it's synced completely when it's not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ended up deleting the 7000 or so photos that hadn't synced and adding them again. Thankfully, that worked. However, I've since added a few more photos and it's now stuck telling me it's syncing 9 photos. I checked and these are photos from much earlier this year that I haven't touched since then, so I don't know why they're not synced already.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 22, 2017 Nov 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have this problem. I'm also not interested in deleting and attempting to reload all of the photos -- that's not a workable solution if I'm supposed to be using Lightroom CC to import my photos from my flash cards! I can't keep my flash cards full for several days on the off chance that lightroom CC gets hung up when trying to sync them!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2017 Dec 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

same here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines