• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

For the last 2 days all imported photos are coming up as black

New Here ,
Nov 19, 2017 Nov 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know what's happened but all the photos I try to import have for the last two days opened up as totally black.  The photo is there as I can see it as the background image in the layers panel.  I can't paint on the photo either yet I can see any painting in the layers panel thumbnail.  I have never come across this before.  I don't know whether it's a fault with the Photoshop CC application or a setting that has been activated somehow without me knowing and I don't know how to turn it off. Please can someone help!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 19, 2017 Nov 19, 2017

Try updating or rolling back your video driver directly from the card manufacturer's site.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try updating or rolling back your video driver directly from the card manufacturer's site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you describe the import process?  This is a bit of a long shot, but if you drop a PNG file into an existing Photoshop document, it shows as black as you describe.  This happens when grabbing PNG files from web pages.  The answer is to save the PNG file from the web page, and open it in Photoshop.  If you '​Place Embedded​' that should work as well, but you just can't paste it or drag it into an existing document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No it's nothing as complicated as that - it's just the normal File>Open - select a photo/photos saved on my laptop which are normal jpegs from my camera.  It appears to be an intermittent fault because photos suddenly started to open normally again since my previous post without me doing anything other than checking that my video driver was fully updated. I was able to work normally then closed the photos down and opened some new ones and once again they opened as black but could see all the pictures as background layer thumbnails in the layers panel. Very frustrating!  I may have to call Adobe tomorrow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can try resetting the preferences:

Preferences in Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

FrancophileUK  wrote

I may have to call Adobe tomorrow.

It doesn't sound like a directly Photoshop issue to me, and if it is, resetting Preferences as Bob has suggested, or reinstalling Photoshop should fix it.  You will need to run the Cleaner tool after you uninstall before reinstalling.

Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines