• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Watermarks in Lightroom CC

New Here ,
Nov 19, 2017 Nov 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all....looking for some insight.  I didn't have a lot of time to do an extensive amount of research between the Lightroom CC and Lightroom Classic.  I ended up subscribing to the Lightroom CC however now I am realizing I probably made an unfortunate mistake as I'm not a wedding photographer (but take thousands of portraits per year).  I'm trying to figure out if Lightroom CC still has the Print feature that contained the watermark option.  Is this completely gone?  If so, what are the alternative(s)?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom CC cannot print at all. It also cannot watermark. For both those features you need Lightroom Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed that there is not a print module in (the new cloud) LR CC.  It is pretty clear the intent is not production printing. 

It does have links to both Photoshop and (the old folder based) Lightroom Classic where printing and watermarks work. 

A procedure I think I'm going to like is to save (new cloud) LR CC images for printing in a temporary folder and using the excellent printing software that Canon included with my printer from them. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR CC can only export jpegs and then only in sRGB color space. Extremely suboptimal for printing. It can also do originals but those won't open correctly in non-Adobe software with all edits intact. Going through Photoshop or syncing back to Classic is probably the best option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All these comments are really helpful. Thank you. Def will read reviews next time. Anyone able to help direct me how to sync back to classic? I don't have my original LR version on my new computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What exactly do you mean by "sync back to Classic"?  And, are you going to put Classic on your new computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines