Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image snaps to left of screen.

New Here ,
Nov 19, 2017 Nov 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have Photoshop CS5 Extended - Version 12.0.4 x 64.

I’ve been using this on my 27” iMac desktop for the past 6/7 years without a problem, but just in the last week, any image I open in PS is locked on the lefthand side of my home screen. I try to move it with my mouse on the top grey bar of the image but it keeps snapping back to the top left and I can't centralise the image as I use to.  It's very frustrating and hope someone can help me.

I'm using OS X El Capitan, version 10.11.6 and have been for over a year.

Help Please   I've enclosed a capture of my home screen

Screenshot 2017-11-20 16.00.45.png

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]
[Moved from Connect to Photoshop forum... Mod]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your screen shot appears to show a floated window.  You can fix this by going Window > Arrange > Consolidate all to tabs or you might be able to do this by simply dragging the window onto the options bar until you see a blue line.  I can't remember if this is true with CS5 though.

Also open your Preferences, and in the Workspace tab, check Open Documents as Tabs.  Here again I am not totally sure this is the same with CS5, but I think it is.

Good luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Trevor,

Many thanks for the quick reply.

I know about Windows > Arrange >  Consolidate all the tabs, but could't drag the window as suggested.

I checked under Preferences and under 'Interface' I removed the tick from 'Enable Floating Document Window Docking' and that did the trick.

Thank you so much. I truely appreciate you help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines