• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Discrepancy between Classroom in a Book layout and mine

Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2017 Nov 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(This Mrs. Yahnig) I've been using using LR CC for a while now, and my husband gave me the awesome gift of Classroom in a Book.  I noticed I don't have the same options on the Import screen.  We've made sure everything has been updated.  I have LR CC 2015, LR Classic CC V7.  According the book I should have File Handling, File Renaming, Apply During Import and Destination.  I have only the first two.  Can someone advise if I am using the wrong program/version? 

Thanks!

Liane Yahnig

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Lightroom are you talking about, and which version of Classroom in a Book are you talking about? Are you aware that there is an all new version of Lightroom CC that is completely different, and that the traditional Lightroom that we are accustomed to has been rebranded as Lightroom Classic CC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the Classroom for LR V6, and I have Classic V7 and CC V5.  I have managed to work around the differences but wanted to see if I should be using something else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unless there has been a Classroom in a Book released in the last couple of weeks specifically for the NEW Lightroom CC, I suspect the book you have isn't going to be much help in learning this NEW program. It is completely different, doesn't use a catalog, has a completely different interface, stores images in the cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the fast reply and the info.  I was not aware.   Bummer!  I was excited to finally get into learning how to use the program.  The editing functions seem to be similar, so I may keep going to see what I can learn from that aspect. The results of editing in my first lesson were incredible!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're serious about learning from the book, my advice would be to stick with Lightroom Classic CC. It's a much more complete and mature program right now. The new Lightroom CC doesn't have a lot of the features that Lightroom Classic has, and it won't have them for a while. It will eventually be on a par with Classic, but don't confuse yourself right now. That's my advice, but you can do what you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right-click on File Handling and choose the missing tabs.

Destination is only available when using "Copy" not with "Add"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That did it!  Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines