• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to adjust watermark size regarding the size of the picture ?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm a beginner with photoshop.
I'm taking photos for a dance association and I would like to add the logo of the association in the corner of the photos for all the photos (around 50/week). I found a way of doing it (may be not the best, but it works) : I wrote a small serie of actions (import the logo / align down / align left / flatten image / save / close). Then I use Batch processing to apply this serie of action on my photos.
The problem is that I crop most of my photos so they don't have the same final size. But I could not find a way to adjust the size of the logo to match th size of the photo : sometimes, it is too small and sometimes too big compared to the size of the photo.
Do you have any idea how I could solve my problem (without manually setting up the size of the logo each time).

I tried to look on internet but could not find any help regarding this problem.

I hope my problem is clear enough. If you have any question, let me know.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Stéphane

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are the exact and complete rules that should determine the size and position of the logo?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, do you want a proportion, like a given percentage?

MAybe switch the ruler to percentage when you create the action (you could even include it with an "insert menu item", to be sure that the action would use percentages) and then resize the watermark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I switch the ruler to percentage ?
The problem is that the percentage of the logo's size is the percentage relative to the original size of the logo but not to the background picture.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right click on the ruler, or double-click it to get the relevant preference panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to change the ruler to percentage but it did not work.
Here is the result :
landscape large.jpglandscape small.jpg

The first image is 6000*4000 pixel and the second is 2100*1500.
That is, more or less, the two extrem sizes I have to deal with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally found a solution (bypassing the question more than solving it... )

I created a 5000*5000 transparent image in which I placed the logo with the right proportion and at the right place.
Hence, when I import this new image on a picture, it automatically adapt its size to fit the picture and the logo have the right size.

It seems to work at least.

Thank you for your help.

Stéphane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Super!

it is indeed another solution that works! did you change the transform tool to percentage as well when you tried?

Also, do not hesitate to search in the user guide when you are stuck with a question; it is often faster than waiting for an answer, and you learn other stuff (getting a fish vs learning to fish): Use rulers in Photoshop​

bonne soirée!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

to : c.pfaffenbichler

There are no exact rules about the size and position. I think I will try various percentage until I found the right one (around 10% of the height).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines