• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat 2017 "has stopped working" repeated message.

New Here ,
Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had no problem with Adobe Acrobat 2017 after installing a week or so ago. It was working well.
Today, I kept getting the message: "Adobe Acrobat 2017 has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."

I scanned the document and tried to save the file to a folder, and kept getting the above message.
I wished I did not buy this version and kept the old version.

What do I do now?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Haa,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused, as per the description above the Acrobat 2017 is crashing on Windows machine, Is that correct?

Please refer and try the troubleshooting steps from the following KB doc Resolve Acrobat DC intermittent crashes on Windows  Link: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/acrobat-dc-crashes-on-windows-os.html

If the issue persists, please share the following details:

• Is Acrobat or Reader is installed, check for Help>About Adobe Acrobat/Reader.
  • Dot version of Acrobat/Reader installed, check for Help>About Adobe Acrobat/Reader.

Hope this helps, and let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anand Sri: It's so frustrated.
So far, I cannot resolve the issue. I have done every step on this link from you Resolve Acrobat DC intermittent crashes on Windows
except Solution 5: Use a different Windows user account. I am the ONLY user and there is NO other users.I know you just work here, I know you only work at Adobe, but Adobe Acrobat 2017 is absolutely horrible product.

I even un-installed and re-installed it. Problem is still existing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 21, 2017 Nov 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We apologize for the inconvenience caused. If possible, enable the hidden admin account, and check with the Acrobat.

Let us know if it works  in the Hidden(root) administrator account.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anand Sri:
Show me step by step how do I enable the hidden admin account. Ty

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have sent you a private message with the  steps to enable the hidden admin account, please check your email inbox.

-Anand Sri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked now. I did not follow your instruction of enable the hidden admin account. The instruction is very confusing.

These are the simpler steps to see and change hidden admin account:
1) Go to Adobe Acrobat 2017 icon and right click.

2) Click on Properties.
3) Click on Security.
It will show Group or user names:
- SYSTEM
- My name(xxx-PC\Owner)
- Administrators (My name-PC\Administrators)
- Interactive
"To change permissions, click Edit.

Permissions for SYSTEM
Full control  - Allow
Modify - Allow
Read & execute - Allow
Read - Allow
Write - Allow

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 22, 2017 Nov 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have sent you a private message, please check your email inbox.

-Anand Sri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2017 Nov 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anand: Did not get any email from you re. this? I even checked spam box. Please re-send.
Adobe Acrobat 2017 is now running wild. It's popped up 15 times and clogged my computer to a craw.
The program is causing so much headache!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 23, 2017 Nov 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

If the Acrobat is working in the Admin account, then it seems to be a User profile issue. Please check for any pending updates of Windows from Windows update, or if possible , repair the Operating system.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,
Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines