• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When transforming font in Photoshop 2018, warp tool doesn't appear

Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2017 Nov 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to match some font to this "road" I made in photoshop 2018, and there is a handy button that allows you to warp it even moreso than just the transform tool.

It's right beside the yes and no symbols and next to Interpolation: (blank) on the top (if you have the usual format layout). Looks like a warped window with an arrow arc'd underneath it.

When you transform font using this tool, the warp box doesn't appear over it. I also can't change font with one corner point edited. Like you alt-click and drag one corner, how the other 3 stay the same but drags that corner out... Doesn't work!!! Works on everything else but fonts.

Please help me....

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 10, 2017 Nov 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean the Text Warp tool ? You have to choose a style.

or the same tool accessed via transform warp (again choose the method)

I find the first easier as you can just move the sliders

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my system, the "Warp" button becomes a "Forbidden" glyph, and a check mark appears for no reason.

Photoshop 19.0, more recent upgrade available to me

Mac OS 10.13.1, most recent upgrade available to me.

The whole CC 2018 upgrade was forced, poorly thought out, buggy as hell, and only served some suit who want to brag they had just upgraded the whole suite. Of no value and costly in time and energy for the end user. Not pleased at all.

Screen Shot 2017-11-20 at 2.21.19 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like a tool palette layout issue. The tools should look like this when you have started typing text:

Screen Shot 2017-11-20 at 12.39.13 PM.png

What workspace are you using, and did you try doing a reset of that?

BTW, I'm also on 19.0, I think you meant to say "most recent", at least I don't see any "more recent" updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi

Something is definitely wrong there.

I would try a Preference reset (Preferences >General >Reset Preferences on Quit then restart Photoshop)

If that does not help please post a full screenshot including tools and layers panel.

Also go to System Info and click copy. Paste the info here

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines