• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No audio in Photoshop CS6!

Community Beginner ,
May 10, 2012 May 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying the Beta of Photoshop cs6 and cannot hear audio in the video screen. I have tried wav, mp3, aiff with no luck The mute button is off so I give. What am I doing wrong?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you see the audio track beneath the video track, and is it turned on?

Video.jpg

If not, where did you download the beta from?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2020 Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am facing the same issue.But i cannot the audio track in my timeline. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Yes, I can see the Audio Track under the Video, but it will not play anything. The blue flyout button has the mute off and still no sounds. (I downloaded the beta from Adobe).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 11, 2012 May 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes i'm having the same problem.If you import audio it will play it,but it wont play

the audio thats already with the video.

I can also see the audio track beneath the video and it's turned on.Tried different

audio formats but wont play any.What gives!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hal, the file I loaded to test for the problem, was a 1080P H264 .mov from my Canon 1DMK4 DSLR, and it worked OK.   I wonder if it is a codec problem?   Video comes in soooooo many different flavours!   Can you say exactly what the footage was taken with so, hopefully, someone might have identical footage to test? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used test footage from a Sony VG-10 (AVCHD) and a Canon 5D (MOV) and rendered out MP4, MOV, AVI and WMV files from Sony Vegas pro 11. They all played great in vegas and all had NO audio in both Photoshop Beta cs6 as well as cs5.1. I also tried just opening audio files in both photoshops and had no luck. Photoshop will render an MP4 with audio from the files but will NOT let me preview audio inside photoshop. Weird...and quite frustrating. Help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

Is the audio encoding in Dolby? One would need a license for that, and it would then required Premiere Pro to be installed, as it is the only soft with the license: http://forums.adobe.com/message/4284091#4284091

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2012 May 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure about the AVCHD, but the raw Canon 5D files have no Dolby and will not play audio in either CS5 or CS6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 5D footage must be near enough identical to what I used.  Looking at your first post again, I see you are using the beta, and I am testing with the full release...

You've tried raw footage direct from the camera, as opposed to rendered by Vegas? Is it just the camera audo you are missing? Have you tried adding another track and importing audio to it?  It sounds like you have from the list of file types you list. Have you tried rendering from CS6 to see if that restores the sound, and yes I can see how that would make the feature useless. 😞

I'm sorry if these are all obvious steps that you have already tried, but I can't think what my be going on unless there is an installation problem.. 

Have you got a very short clip you could make available for download so some one else can test?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Call me stupid, but I finally solved the "no audio" problem in Photoshop CS6! I did not realize there were 2 (yes two) "speaker" icons on the timeline (see attached with highlighted circles). Once I turned BOTH on, the sound played great!

Thanks for all the hlp and suggestions!Photoshop CS6 AUDIO.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2018 Dec 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Geeez. Thank you! i was having this problem either on CC  2018. Call me stupid too. lol

thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2020 Jan 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

your answer solved my half-day's impotence. you're not stupid. Have to be a design problem of adobe. Thanks genius. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the audio fix! Please see my post and attached screen grab.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Hal,

Do you mean having the two speaker icons enabled has fixed it?

Because i've already tried that and it does'nt fix it for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: I just tried another video with aac audio codec and it played the audio.

Like "PECourtejoie" said in post 7 it's a dolby digital problem i've got.

All the other video files i tried out had audio codec ac3 aka dolby digital,so it looks

like unless i've got adobe premiere pro cs6 i won't be able to hear the audio through

cs6 photoshop.

But if i had adobe premiere pro cs6 i would'nt be using cs6 photoshop to do the video

editing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 14, 2012 May 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tommy, the idea of Video editing is Ps is to allow users of DSLRs that shot video to be able to edit theirs. The issue with the Dolby encoding is that there would be a cost for each license of Photoshop sold, and most Ps users don't do video editing... What camera are you using? I'm not sure if Premiere Elements could help you. Try to download its trial version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@PECourtejoie,

My camera is a Nikon D7000.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And it outputs in Dolby Digital AC3?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No the d7000 does'nt output in DD it's lpcm and it sounds dreadful.

I never use it and instead use the zoom h1 recorder.

Slight confusion i was'nt trying out d7000 movie clips but

was using clips from my Panasonic sd90 in cs6 and the audio is DD with that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, then, I understand. That camera is not what the photoshop team targets when it comes to videoediting. Do try premiere elements, then...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2013 May 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this problem quite often when editing very long clips... 60 mins+ ... What normally solves the problem for me is loading all of the files into photoshop. Saveing as a .PSD file. Do a complete resart and apon reboot jump straight into PS and edit to your hearts content. I believe that it has something to do with photoshop and other adobe programs not purging themselves from RAM corectly when closed. I have 16GB of RAM so im not sure about that diagnosis but hey, I can do a reboot open Audition. Close Audition imeidatly. Open PS CS6 and BOOM! no audio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2016 Nov 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So stoked to finally have an answer to this!  Thanks Hal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines