Exit

Dreamweaver cc 2018 (2017) OldSchool Light Theme

Explorer ,
Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

what theme do:

• matchingtags is removed (no problem to enable - edit main.less file)
  • activeline (default is disabled, but easy to way enable - edit main.less and brackets.json files)
  • implemented indent guides (based on TAB. editable in main.less file)
  • cutom code color for HTML tags
  • BONUS - scroll past end (edit brackets.json files)

some theme samples

dw2018_oldschool_1.jpgdw2018_oldschool_2.jpgdw2018_oldschool_3.jpgdw2018_oldschool_4.jpgdw2018_oldschool_5.jpgdw2018_oldschool_6.jpg

.. how to.

first, close Dreamweaver

download and unpack this .zip file - Dreamweaver cc 2018 (2017) OldSchool Light Theme

contains two folders (BracketsDWColorTheTagName and OldSchool Light). copy these folders to C:\Users\~user~\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Dreamweaver CC 2018\en_US\Configuration\Brackets\extensions\user\

start Dreamweaver and go to EDIT > PREFERENCES (or CTRL + U) > INTERFACE and select OldSchool Light from list (wait a moment because sometime needs time to load custom themes). then click Apply.

done!

if you like matchingtags, edit main.less theme file and comment line 245. follow first video.

if you want see active line in editor, you must make some changes..

first you must edit C:\Users\~user~\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Dreamweaver CC 2018\en_US\Configuration\Brackets\brackets.json file and add "styleActiveLine": true parameter. then edit line 251 in main.less file. follow second video..

how to enable/disable matchingtagshow to enable/disable editor activeline

use it on your own risk!

thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 21, 2017 Nov 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Adobe, hire this guy!

It works perfectly, awesome job!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 22, 2017 Nov 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow @Netoper !

This is GREAT!!

It makes dreamweaver CC almost usable again!

It must have taken ages to make all the custom changes to the brackets file!

Great work!

I even asked about something similar last week (Dreamweaver CS6 coding colors in CC 2018... )

This will be the "theme" that i use from now on.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 22, 2017 Nov 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't use DW at the moment but if I did, awesome, well done. Adobe pay this person mego bucks as compensation for doing the work your engineers, managers and CEO should have done before release, brings shame on all of the Adobe team, everyone involved has turned a blind eye, unforgivable in my view. If they can do it why can't your highly paid engineers is the question of the day? The even more probing question is what else can't they do that they should be doing!

I think the person at the top, hiding behind their mothers skirt, the DW product manager, he or she should be sacked as a concequence for incompetance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2018 Mar 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANKS THANKS THANKS!

YOU MAKE DW 2017/2018 USEABLE!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i'm glad i helped

but i recommend a newer version Dreamweaver CC 2018 / light and dark themes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, i like the OldSchool Theme more

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2018 Sep 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, now I subscribe again, I have been suffering with all types of editors, Nothing can match the dreamweaver  cs6 code color styles, this is nearly indentical. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2018 Oct 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found this to be of great help!  I wondered though, how we can get back something else that was done away with.  When using inline css within a document the colons & semicolons are no longer red as they were in Dreamweaver CS6.  When viewing a cascade style sheet, they are.  Is there an answer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2018 Dec 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Thanks so much for this. Any chance/way to make the CSS in-line code [within style="CSS_HERE"] a different/custom color? Thanks, really appreciate your work!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2018 Dec 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BRAVO!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2019 Oct 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amazing thank you. 

This should be an option on the new interface preference. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2021 Feb 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for it!

But, why the zoom Ctrl +/- doesnt work in Dreamweaver CC 2020? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2021 Feb 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In main.less remove the font-size in class .CodeMirror-scroll

😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines