• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Boxed Keyword Symbol in Index

Participant ,
Dec 10, 2008 Dec 10, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forget, and of course I can’t find it in the “no Help” file, but in the Index pane, keywords are marked with a key symbol. A few of the key symbols have a square box around them. I know it is something simple, but I can’t remember what it is (so many things about this program are not intuitive, maybe I am too right brained for this left brain application?)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 10, 2008 Dec 10, 2008
Hi there

Sorry Colum. Not See Alsos.

What these are are *TOPIC* level keywords. For example, lets say you have an index with nothing but the key symbols. You then click File > Project Settings and configure the project so Index Keywords are added to topics. In this case, the keywords are stored inside the topics themselves and not the .HHK file. And the icon changes to include a Page icon surrounding the Key.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I could be wrong but is this a consequence of See Also keywords.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Sorry Colum. Not See Alsos.

What these are are *TOPIC* level keywords. For example, lets say you have an index with nothing but the key symbols. You then click File > Project Settings and configure the project so Index Keywords are added to topics. In this case, the keywords are stored inside the topics themselves and not the .HHK file. And the icon changes to include a Page icon surrounding the Key.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi again

I suppose I should add that the simple action of changing the location won't affect *existing* keywords. Only new ones that are added later.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp