• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sending RAW files from LR CC to PS CC, but shows up as TIFF in PS CC

New Here ,
Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using LR CC to view RAW files, and then sending them to PS CC via "Edit in Photoshop" command.  The problem is that this process bypasses the ACR screen, and opens up directly in PS CC as TIFF files.  Specifically, I'm using LR CC to view Canon M6 RAW files, then sending files to PS CC to process the image.  I would like the RAW file to open up in the ACR front-end to PS, where I can do some preliminary adjustments before opening in PS.  I asked this same question in the LR CC Forum, but was not able to find a good solution.

Message was edited by: Mod (Discussion successfully moved from Lightroom Classic CC to Lightroom CC)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 21, 2017 Nov 21, 2017

When sending an image to PS from LR classic, or any other earlier versions of LR, you never get the stand alone ACR adjustment window because LR has the exact same adjustments built into the Develop module.

The only dialog box that may come up is one like this and that only happens if the versions of ACR for both LR and PS are different and the one that PS uses is older. And it also comes up, or another that is very similar, when you are sending a TIFF, PSD or JPG to PS.

Edit In Dialog.PNG

In either case you never g

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can send the Raw file as a Smart Object, then that should open camera raw before opening in photoshop.

To re-edit the file simply double click on the smart object thumbnail in the layers panel to reopen the image in camera raw.

Screenshot-(166).jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using LR CC v1.0.1 and when I go to the "Photo" tab, I don't see the drop-down menu you show above.  This is what I see:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are in the wrong forum. I'll move this to the LR CC forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was in the LR CC Forum but did not find a solution there.  I believe this is a "PS CC" issue...  and the reason I say that is because I used a Canon's Digital Photo Pro software to send raw files directly to PS CC - and the result was the same - the file bypassed the ACR screen and instead appeared directly in PS CC as a TIFF file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Although I don't use LR CC, I use the Classic CC version. Since you are more than likely using an older version of PS and the ACR versions between LR and PS is different, PS using an older version of ACR, LR CC is first converting the image to TIFF and then sending it to PS.

If you are a subscriber to the Photography plan and do have the newest version of PS why are you using LR CC on your desktop computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently a "trial" subscriber to the Photoshop Plan.  I started my trial just a few days ago, so I assume I am on the newest version of both Lightroom CC (v1.0.1) and Photoshop CC.  I ask for some patience, please - as I don't understand your comment re. "... why are you using LR CC on your desktop computer."    When I downloaded the trial, both LR CC v1.0.1 and PS CC were placed on my desktop.  My thought is to use LR CC as a initial sorter to quickly look thru many images, and then select specific images to edit in PS CC.  Is this incorrect?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR CC does not come with the Photography plan.

Please do a Google search for the differences between LR CC and LR Classic CC.

Yes it is confusing.

https://photographylife.com/lightroom-classic-vs-lightroom-cc

And there are other site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what is confusing me: does it not state that the CC Photography Plan includes the all-new Lightroom CC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I was mistaken in that you can use LR CC with the Photographers plan but only with 20 GBs of cloud storage. At least that is the way I read it on the website I posted a link to.

But is that what you really want.

On that website take a look at the pricing and options image posted in the article.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WRT the 20Gb cloud storage - my understanding is that, yes - more storage means a higher subscription price.  However, since I have no intention of using PS/LR CC on anything except my desktop, I assume that I really have no need to store anything "in the cloud", and therefore 20Gb ought to be more than sufficient for my limited usage.

I am a long time user of CS6, and have been using a variety of image editing/organizer software to send DNG image files to the ACR front-end of CS6, but after coping with this extra (DNG) conversion step for some time, I thought I would try the PS CC - as long as it came with a Lightroom package that was up-to-date to accept the latest RAW files.  Unfortunately, it seems that the LR CC-to-PS CC integration is not as tight or well-developed as I'd hoped... it doesn't make sense for me to invest in the Photography Plan if I can't directly send a RAW file from LR CC (or another software package) into the ACR front-end of PS CC.  Thank you for your time - but I fear I'll just have to let the trial expire.

Aloha,

Roy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are missing the point.

If you want to use LR and PS on your desktop you want to install LR Classic CC not LR CC.

If you do a Google search for "differences between LR CC and LR Classic CC" you will get links to many pages that describe all the differences. The link I posted is very good at describing them. Scroll down to near the bottom of that article for all the feature that are and aren't in each version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You stated:  "You are missing the point."   Possibly - but you didn't read my complete post.  As a separate issue from which version of LR i use - the issue with PS CC not displaying the RAW version sent to it appears to be a PS CC issue.  To test that, I used Canon's Digital Photo Pro v4 raw viewer/editor to send CR2 format RAW files to "edit in Photoshop" - and that raw file showed up directly in PS CC as a TIFF file (bypassing the ACR screen).  Unless I find a menu/preference setting within PS CC to stop it from converting the inbound RAW file to TIFF - and instead allow the ACR front-end to read the CR2 RAW file - PS CC won't be very useful to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes my screenshot and advice pertains to Lightroom Classic, which is the traditional Lightroom desktop application.

Lightroom CC is new and more of a real "cloud" based application than Lightroom Classic.

If your just doing all your photo editing locally on your computer and not on other devices like an iPad, then Lightroom Classic sounds like it would fit your workflow better.

I don't think there is a fluid way with Lightroom CC to do what your asking.

This is about the best Lightroom site around and here it explains the Lightroom CC

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/lightroom-cc-1-0-released/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 21, 2017 Nov 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When sending an image to PS from LR classic, or any other earlier versions of LR, you never get the stand alone ACR adjustment window because LR has the exact same adjustments built into the Develop module.

The only dialog box that may come up is one like this and that only happens if the versions of ACR for both LR and PS are different and the one that PS uses is older. And it also comes up, or another that is very similar, when you are sending a TIFF, PSD or JPG to PS.

Edit In Dialog.PNG

In either case you never get the stand alone version of ACR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 21, 2017 Nov 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In my opinion you are using the wrong tool, LR CC.

You should be using LR Classic CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines