Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

lightroom can't import my catalog?

New Here ,
Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2017-11-20 at 11.27.52 PM.png

It says this message when I tried. The button is "Ok" but this is not okay. How do I move my old photos into lightroom?

Jim

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you intending to move to the new cloud-native Lightroom CC app, or the latest version of the Lightroom you've been using for the last few years? Which Lightroom version have you been using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Victoria. I am moving from lightroom 5 to lightroom cc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 21, 2017 Nov 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, the trick is to install a trial of Lightroom Classic, let it upgrade the catalog format to the newer Classic format, and then CC will be able to migrate your catalog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, this avenue has led to a new problem:

Screen Shot 2017-11-21 at 12.21.18 AM.png

so I'm not sure what this is about. I reported to Apple but I don't think that's going to help me out.

I'm feeling like I shouldn't need a "trick" in order to import my photos from Lightroom. This is the first thing that someone upgrading lightroom would want to do. They should have nailed this.

Not complaining to you Victoria, just putting my frustration out in the Universe. Maybe someone at adobe reads this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I understand the frustration. That's the thing James... the new Lightroom CC isn't an upgrade - it's a migration to an entirely new app. Lightroom Classic is the upgrade from earlier Lightroom versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines