• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No image display

Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2017 Nov 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Installed new Lightroom CC , uploaded and syncd photos from hard drive and whilst they display on mobile fine I am unable to see images on the version installed on my pc , any ideas as to how i could fix this would be much appreciated , otherwise i see this as a fairly useless piece of software that i am sadly paying for .

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 21, 2017 Nov 21, 2017

Ah, that config file could be a good clue. Having to use the lua file for Classic means there is a conflict with the GPU. Which lua file contents did you need to use?

GPU drivers are notoriously buggy, unfortunately. Adobe are trying to use the GPU to improve performance, but in the process, they're triggering driver bugs left, right and center. There's so many different graphics cards and drivers out there, it's impossible to test them all before release.

This may need reposting on https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/categories/photoshop_family_lightroom_cc

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you see images anywhere? Like thumbnails or anything?

There are two major suspects - graphics card and monitor profile. For a start, go to Edit menu > Preferences > General tab and uncheck the Use Graphics Processor checkbox. See if that helps, as a starting point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response Victoria , but it doesn't seem to matter if i am using the graphics processor function or not , i have tried both , images wont display in either photo grid , square grid or detail views. With regard monitor profile, my images display fine on any of the other Adobe platforms I use , is the new Lightroom CC any different?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Including in Lightroom Classic? Lightroom generally uses the monitor profile in a different way to most apps, so tends to show up corruption. I haven't confirmed the same is true of the new CC app, but it seems likely. There's a really easy way to check https://www.lightroomqueen.com/articles-page/how-do-i-change-my-monitor-profile-to-check-whether-its...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes including in Classic , my images display just fine there

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Checked monitor profiles as per you article, no problem there

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its been a bit of a nightmare in truth from the moment i updated the old LR CC ( now called classic) and discovered after hours of trawling through forums that i had to add a .lua file to my root LR directory , and then on installing LR CC ( the new one that doesnt work ) that in order for it to actually open the programme i would have to alter the GP setting on my PC . It would be lovely if one day a company that i pay a monthly subscription too would actually produce software that works without the need for their customers having to assume the mantle of a professor of computer science rather than a photographer which i am constantly hampered by software in my efforts to be . I am seriously considering going back to film.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, that config file could be a good clue. Having to use the lua file for Classic means there is a conflict with the GPU. Which lua file contents did you need to use?

GPU drivers are notoriously buggy, unfortunately. Adobe are trying to use the GPU to improve performance, but in the process, they're triggering driver bugs left, right and center. There's so many different graphics cards and drivers out there, it's impossible to test them all before release.

This may need reposting on https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/categories/photoshop_family_lightroom_cc  so the engineers can tell you how to do something similar for LRCC.

The days of film were so beautifully uncomplicated by comparison, weren't they!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no idea which lua file contents I needed to use , i was needing to get images to a client which i had in collection on LR and on opening it was prompted to perform and update which upon completion refused to display any of my images until after much trawling I found the lua file patch as a fix, causing me both frustration and a missed deadline . I shall endeavour to re-post the problem in the suggested area, realistically I dont really have the time to mess about getting the new LR CC to work properly , that really should be down to Adobe, that is what I am paying for , I wont be using it until it works without my effort. Many thanks for your consideration and advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome Jevon. Sorry to hear the issues caused you to miss your deadline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As a cross-reference for anyone else following this, here's the bug report: No images displayed | Photoshop Family Customer Community https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/no-images-displayed?topic-reply-list%5Bsettin...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines