• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems with Transparent image

Nov 16, 2017 Nov 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Yesterday I downloaded the .tiff file below and wanted to drop it into Earth, and here my problem comes. When imported into earth, the image gets these smoothen dark edges, which makes it impossible to see the land beneath at the all transparent areas as the last image shows. I am guiet new at Photoshop and was wondering, it the problem can be because of the picture, and if I can remove it with Photoshop in any way?

Sincerly thanks, Rasmus

Gennemsigtig.JPG

Ugennemsigtig.JPG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 16, 2017 Nov 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried making a TIFF with transparency, and importing it into Earth did not show the transparency. Saving it as a PNG ​did​ keep the transparency..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Nov 21, 2017 Nov 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I see but what if you try with the original image? You can download from with the link beneath, if you cant to.

Beacuse of the data laying in the image I cant just turn it into a PNG, because then these data about the pictures location in earth will be gone?

WeTransfer

Thanks, Rasmus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 21, 2017 Nov 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems to work fine here -

The one I mad didn't work because I hadn't checked the "Save with Transparency" box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 22, 2017 Nov 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh,

Would it be too much to ask, if you would tell exactly how you did it, from when you downloaded it and until it looked like the picture you posted?

I'm not sure how to "save with Transparency", as I can't seem to find a place where that's possible

Rasmus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 22, 2017 Nov 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After I downloaded your TIFF, I added it as an image overlay in Earth. The version of Earth I have been using is an older version that does not have the 'Import' function. It opened with transparency, and centered on the screen, not using any location information. I then opened it in some GIS software, which did retain the location, but only 1-bit transparency (sort of like a GIF).

A number of Google searches for various combinations of "TIFF", "GeoTIFF", "Transparency", and "Google Earth" didn't give as much information about GeoTIFFs as I was hoping, but I did see lots of references to "Google Earth Pro", so I installed that. I imported the TIFF, and it opened in the proper location as seen in my screen shot, complete with a full range of transparency.

The Save with Transparency is in the TIFF Options dialog that comes up when you save as a TIFF:

When I re-saved the TIFF I had made with this box checked, it appeared with full transparency in Earth.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines