• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Current GPU experience - help needed.

Contributor ,
Nov 09, 2017 Nov 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am urgently needing to replace my aged GPU (Radeon HD6670) in my Asus MB (M5A99X EVO R2.0 full spec available on web). My CPU is AMD FX 6-core 3.3 GHz processor and 24 GB RAM is installed (DDR3). The MB has a number of PCIe slots all to gen 2 (whatever that means). I have 4 HDD's and one SSD so all the programs, data, scratch discs etc are separated and are optimal as recommended by Adobe.

I run 2 monitors with independent colour calibration which is supported by my current GPU. I am baffled by the current GPU jargon! I am not a computer nerd - I just want it to work so that I can do the same!

I have looked at the "tested" GPU's on the PS support site but most seem to be unavailable having presumably been replaced by newer models.

I have PS / LR / and Bridge all to the latest 2018 release and my OS is Win 10.

I do not play games but do do a lot of photo editing and occasional video. I am fed up with the adjustments I make taking so long to render to the screen (sometimes I have made another change before realising that the previous one has not registered). I have tried virtually all the ADOBE recommended performance tweaks which have helped but I think I will need to invest in a better GPU with more RAM.

Is there any user out there who has CURRENT (2017) experience with a recently purchased GPU on a similar set-up?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 21, 2017 Nov 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines