Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Presenter Menu Not Launching App

New Here ,
Nov 20, 2008 Nov 20, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I just got a new machine (my old one died) and when I re-installed Presenter 7, I found a wierd issue. I can click on the Presenter Menu in PowerPoint and view all the Menu Items, but clicking on a Menu Item does absolutely nothing. I just go back to my PowerPoint slide. Nothing freezes or locks up, there's no increase in CPU or RAM usage, and I can go back and view all the Menu Items again.

Here's what I've done so far:
Repaired the install from Add/Remove Programs
Removed and re-installed from Add/Remove Programs
Applied the 7.0.1 and 7.0.2 patches
Detect/Repair within PowerPoint

I can't seem to get this working at all. Any ideas?

Just FYI, I'm using Office 2003 with Windows XP Pro.

Thanks,
TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Dec 10, 2008 Dec 10, 2008
WOO HOO! I fixed it!

So, my problem was another PowerPoint plugin that had failed to uninstall and was presenting Presenter from running. I had installed a trial of Camtasia Studio 6. I re-installed the Camtasia Trial, repaired the install, then uninstalled it. After doing that, Presenter started working.

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2008 Dec 02, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We too are having the same problem. I just purchased several copies of Presenter for our Instructional Designers. Our IS department did the install, Adobe Presenter appears in the menu bar, but non of the drop down menu items work - not even HELP. Our IS department is looking into the issue, but even after a re-install, the issue hasn't been fixed.

We are running PPT 2003 and XP SP2.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2008 Dec 10, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
WOO HOO! I fixed it!

So, my problem was another PowerPoint plugin that had failed to uninstall and was presenting Presenter from running. I had installed a trial of Camtasia Studio 6. I re-installed the Camtasia Trial, repaired the install, then uninstalled it. After doing that, Presenter started working.

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources