Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Disable Popups for Photoshop [not Adobe Dimension?]

Explorer ,
Nov 15, 2017 Nov 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all,

Forgive me if I am overlooking something obvious, but I am trying to figure out how to disable this pop-up ad for Adobe Dimension that shows up after I use the transform tool. It pops up pretty regularly, and is just the worst. I am running CC 19.0

dimensionpopup.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Jan 03, 2018 Jan 03, 2018

Sorry all, for the trouble with this popup showing too frequently.
We are aware of it and are working on fixing when it shows up.

Currently it'll pop up if you do a perspective transformation. So if you do that day in and day out, this would be likely become annoying for you.

Please add your vote and voice on this thread to be notified of when we provide an update to this: Is Photoshop becoming Adware? | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Again, sorry for the annoyance, we're working on it.

Rega

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Oct 02, 2019 Oct 02, 2019

Oh Sweet Jesus! I so do hate this pop-up so badly! I ve seen it every single day 3 times a day for the last 3 years... I ve searched internet up and down, high and low, shalow and deep... there s no help people. They made it to make you suffer... it like the alt key that need to be pressed twice in orde to be used as a shortcut, otherwise it make an annoying sound... You have to learn to live with that! They made it intentionally to hurt us... and it does!!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See if turning off Use Rich Tooltips in Photoshop CC>Preferences>Tools (mac) or Edit>Preferences>Tools (windows)

stops it. You might have to restart photoshop for the change to take affect.

rtt.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks all, turning rich tooltips off seemed to do the trick - after a restart.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2018 Jul 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I had looked through the preferences but didn't look at that one closely. That was driving me up the wall. I figured those tooltips would go away after a few times, but apparently not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm. That doesn't look like a rich tool tip—those come off the Tools on the far left and demo the tool functions. Maybe that will still turn it off, if so, please let us know.

disable this pop-up ad for Adobe Dimension that shows up after I use the transform tool

There isn't actually a Transform tool in Photoshop (though there are transform commands in the menus), so I'm not clear what you are doing prior to the pop-up appearing. If disabling rich tool tips doesn't work, more info will help us help you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Barb, sorry for the confusion, I suppose, "tool," isn't the right word here; It pops up after I manipulate a layer or selection via free-transform (ctrl-t).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's funny. I was free-transforming all day and it never showed up so I thought that couldn't be it. Good to know!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had "rich tooltips" turned off already to disable the video tutorials when hovering over icons. And yet, I still get these damned in-app pop-up advertisements. How do we disable this? It's absurd that Adobe is pushing advertisements inside our productivity apps now. Move the ads to the Creative Cloud app instead. Not my Photoshop workspace while I'm currently working!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not really sure how to stop that as it seemed to stop here by turning off Use Rich Tooltips.

Yeah that's very annoying to say the least and sure hope that's not a preview of many more such pop-ups to come in photoshop and other creative cloud applications

You can add a comment here if you wish.

Is Photoshop becoming Adware? | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, it's back. I did not have it pop up for a while after turning off the rich tool-tips; but it showed up again recently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2017 Nov 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to mark this thread as unanswered then?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 21, 2017 Nov 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went looking to reopen the question/mark as unanswered, but cannot find a way to do this. If anyone can point me to what I would need to do to reopen the issue, that would be rad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's my unanswered thread on this How do I remove this very annoying thing?

. Windows 10 -- Premiere Elements 2018 -- Photoshop CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can't turn them off... Adobe thinks people like having popup tutorials that get in the way of doing your work

Screenshot (165).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 01, 2017 Dec 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe, fix this.

We are paying customers. We don't want advertisement while working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 04, 2017 Dec 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still no solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 23, 2017 Dec 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

STILL!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 26, 2017 Dec 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's another one for the Curvature Pen Tool.

How annoying!

adware.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2017 Dec 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still no solution? This is frustrating having to constantly click off this thing. So f-ing annoying

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 03, 2018 Jan 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

moved to Photoshop forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry all, for the trouble with this popup showing too frequently.
We are aware of it and are working on fixing when it shows up.

Currently it'll pop up if you do a perspective transformation. So if you do that day in and day out, this would be likely become annoying for you.

Please add your vote and voice on this thread to be notified of when we provide an update to this: Is Photoshop becoming Adware? | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Again, sorry for the annoyance, we're working on it.

Regards

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is indeed something I do a lot of, so I end up seeing that thing quite a lot. It's rather off-putting that I should see ads at any point in my workspace, let alone every time. At the very least these should be toggleable, and more preferably they ought to be off by default after the first showing. I get that you folks are excited to show off your new software, but forcing productivity-halting ads into my workspace for a program we pay so much to use is pretty dubious from a marketing ethics standpoint.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, that said, I do genuinely appreciate that you folks are looking into it. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2018 Jan 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, yes, this is pretty much my entire job all day every day, so it is very disruptive. I've gone through the preferences and turned off anything that looked like a Rich Tool Tip several times, and i also click "Close" but it still pops up a lot. I appreciate what Adobe is trying to do, but if they could give users a way to opt out and turn it off that would be very helpful. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2018 Apr 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an idea... turn that crap off and STOP doing it.  As many have said here before, we are paying customers.  Keep your ads where they belong, in an internet browser... not in our working TOOLS!

I simply can't wait for a company to come along and disrupt Adobe's cripping monopoly.  This is what "innovation" looks like to money grubbers.  Dear god please let someone come along and take you guys down a peg or ten. 

RR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines