• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Urgent: Can Only Record in Demonstration Mode

New Here ,
Nov 28, 2008 Nov 28, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to record, I can choose from any of the recording modes, but it only outputs in demonstration mode (i.e., no text entry boxes are recorded from keystokes). I noticed that when I check the settings in the recording window, it will always default to demonstration mode no matter which mode I choose after hitting ok. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

I have used Captivate for a few years now and this is the first time I have seen this problem.
TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to our community, klabenz

Are you by chance recording in multiple modes simultaneously? I ask because if you choose to record that way, I believe the Demonstration mode is opened for editing first. You must then specifically choose to open one of the other recorded modes for editing.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I choose only one mode at a time (Training or Assessment) -- it doesn't matter which mode I choose -- it always records as a Demonstration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again

Perhaps consider performing the factory reset. Close Captivate and open Windows Explorer. Then navigate to the following folder on your PC:

C:\Documents and Settings\????\Application Data\Adobe\Adobe Captivate

*NOTE: Replace ???? with your logged in user name.

Once you are there you should see a file named Captivate_v30.dat. Delete this file and restart Captivate. Captivate will bake up a fresh one when it restarts.

If you are reluctant to delete the file, just rename it instead. The goal is to get it where Captivate can't find it. If it can't find it, it creates a new one.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did the factory reset as you recommended, but it still isn't working...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2008 Dec 10, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This same thing is now happening to a friend and myself. I select the training mode to record and no click boxes are added. When I preview the recording, it simulates the actions just as if it were in a demonstration mode. I tried the suggestion given here but that did not fix it. I had the program reinstalled by my company's support group and that did not help either. Any suggestion the recording is appropriate would be appreciated.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2008 Dec 22, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am new to this forum and was seeking a solution to the very same problem. I tried to omit the "Captivate_v30.dat." as Captiv8r recommended and it did work for one day. But the next day I am having the same problem as darlagirl. I tried to omit the .dat again, but nothing is working?

Can any one provide a solution to this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 08, 2009 Jan 08, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi all,

I just started having that problem also. My new Captivate worked for a few days and is now recording only in Demonstration mode. Deleting the dat file didn't help but the suggestion is appreciated. Any others out there? I'm going to try deactivating and reinstalling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources