• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hide Photoshop doesn't work with v19 on Mac OS 10.12.6

New Here ,
Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated Photoshop to v.19 on MacOs Sierra and the hide function does not work. Both using the option key and clicking on the desktop, nor the Command-H, nor using the pull down menu. Photoshop window stay up, but is no longer active.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried using the Control Command H. The command H by default gets added to hide extras while a file is open in PS. You may want to double check what's assigned as the shortcut for "Hide Photoshop". Just double check once in Keyboard shortcuts. Edit>Keyboard shortcuts and check.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, incase you don't have any settings saved you can do a preference reset once and check. Please back up your setting before resetting the prefs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2017 Nov 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've done the control-command-H to no affect. I've also tried from the desktop/finder/home screen and selected hide all with no response, the photoshop window remained. I've tried checking with AI, and hiding window works there. The PS window just won't hide.

I will try your suggestion regarding the preferences. For backing up, do I just copy the preference folder to another drive/directory before backing up?

Thanks for your response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2017 Nov 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, living in bizzaro world, here. It started working again. I did nothing, just happened to try to reconfirm the issue before I reset the preference and voila, the window disappeared!

I'll repost if it happens again!

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2017 Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Hide Photoshop" was not working for me either. After reading this thread, I opened Photoshop (without opening a file), tried it and it worked! Just this morning, it did not work when I had one or more files open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 12, 2018 Feb 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have worked on files and closed them (Recent Files showing), and Photoshop won't hide. It will hide after I quit and relaunch. But once I begin working on files, I can't hide the window. I'm running 10.13.3 on an iMac Retina 5K, Photoshop 19.1.0.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2018 Mar 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exact same thing for me as well. Photoshop will hide initially, but after working for a bit it won't hide. Recently updated to cc 2018. Did not have this issue with 2017. Also, Photoshop is the only one with this problem. Anyone have any ideas on this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 31, 2018 Mar 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm running Photoshop CC2018 - 19.1.2 on a mid 2012 Macbook Pro laptop.

I just updated to MacOS 10.13.4  To my surprise Cmd-h is working again. Under 10.13.3, it would quit working after one or two tries.

The update might just do it for you, but use Carbon Copy Cloner before updating to make a backup image of your system drive just in case you have problems and need to downgrade.

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines