• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export as PDF with Video?

Contributor ,
Mar 08, 2017 Mar 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an InDesign document that I am currently trying to publish online, and some really great people are helping me out with the errors that I am facing. On the off chance that I am unable to get it online, I would like to have a PDF as a backup. Right now, exporting to PDF is working GREAT, except the MP4 files that I put into the document using the "Place" option are not showing up in the PDF. Is there a certain export setting I'm missing or maybe a setting in Adobe Acrobat DC that I need to switch on? Thanks!

Ethan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 08, 2017 Mar 08, 2017

You have to export as Adobe PDF (Interactive)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE: I can see the thumbnails of the videos in Acrobat, I just can't play them it seems! 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to export as Adobe PDF (Interactive)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wasn't as detailed as I had hoped, but I got the idea from it, so thank you! Basically, when you click export, BEFORE the settings window pops up, when you're naming your file, you change your file type in the windows explorer window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2017 Nov 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to export as an interactive pdf and it uploads to the last page and then says "failed to export the pdf file". There is no explanation, what could it be? I only have 15 pages of mp4's and links. (nothing too fancy) - is there something I am doing wrong?

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 21, 2017 Nov 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You may have to try exporting part of the file as PDF, then another part as a PDF. There could be one page where is the problem, and you have to sequentially eliminate to figure out problem page. Maybe replace the video there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines