• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Crash when using Nik collection

New Here ,
Nov 21, 2017 Nov 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I use Nik collection as a plug in for say, pro contrast or glamour glow, when I click okay, Photoshop crashes.

Any ideas please?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 15, 2018 Feb 15, 2018

Hi all,

Nik collection plug-ins by Google stopped official support after Photoshop CC 2015. As Photoshop has changed without updates to the plugins, we're seeing more and reports of the plug-ins crashing or freezing Photoshop.

More info on current supported Photoshop versions on Google's page here: Google Nik Collection

As of late, DxO has picked up the plug-in collection and will resume development. Mid-2018 seems to be the timeframe they're looking to release a more compatible version of the col

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi YoDude,

Which version of Photoshop are you using?

Could you please refer this documentation Crashes - Nik Collection Help ​and let us know if that helps?

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No it doesn't help Akash, it's when I click okay noy open Nik does it crash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try uninstalling photoshop and reinstalling it. Then add the plugin back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm just in the process of reinstalling Nik Col.  Let you know how things go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That didn't work, tried using pro contrast and within a second or two of me hitting okay, PS crashed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm now uninstalling Photoshop 2018

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same exact problem... just started.  Tried everything, including what worked months ago... no deal.  Crashes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No success.  I've reinstalled Photoshop and Nik Collection and am still having the same problem. 

I try using Nik C  for any of the filters and as soon as I click okay, Photoshop dies on me and everything is lost.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2017 Nov 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So what happens now please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please try restoring Photoshop preferences and check if that helps? Refer Preferences in Photoshop

If the issue persists, please provide the crash report from the crash event so that we can diagnose it.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry but I am not computer savvy, what do you mean restore preferences, I don't think I have ever changed any

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry but where do I find a crash log?  When it shuts down, there is nothing, no report to send.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To restore preferences quickly using a keyboard shortcut:

Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (Mac OS) as you start Photoshop. You will be prompted to delete the current settings.Select "Yes"

The new preferences files are created the next time you start Photoshop.

Note: Using the keyboard shortcut, preference files for custom shortcuts, workspaces, and color settings will also be reset to default.

~Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2019 Dec 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

photoshop 2020 crashing when launching Nik collection filters

mac mojave 10.14, photoshop 2020, nik collection 2.3

Two issues...I need Nik Collections to work!

-i open document, launch silver efex pro and photoshop crashes. 

-i removed all Nik collection files automactically and through uninstaller and yet they remain in photoshop filter directory?

Help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just tried that and all it asks me to do is ... delete photoshop settings file.  I clicked Yes, tried again but it made no difference, same problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2017 Nov 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not get a crash report when it crashes, PS simply hsuts down in a nano second

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2017 Nov 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had the same problem. Solved it by changing the settings "After clicking OK" -> "Apply the filtered effect to the current layer". 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2017 Nov 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nic, just had a look, do you mean after you press OK on thge Nik filter, you then press"Apply the filtered effect to the current layer"? 

If you do, then I can't do that as within a nano second Photoshop shuts down with no warning, I can do nothing once hitting OK.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2017 Nov 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay nec, I'll give it a go.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2017 Dec 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there nothing that can be done!? 

I can't produce a crash report .

I've unistalled Photoshop and Nik and reinstalled but no better.

I click Okay to accept the filter, say Pro Contrast, I get the moving bar showing it is applying the filter and then PS after a second or two crashes and takes all the images with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 15, 2018 Feb 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Nik collection plug-ins by Google stopped official support after Photoshop CC 2015. As Photoshop has changed without updates to the plugins, we're seeing more and reports of the plug-ins crashing or freezing Photoshop.

More info on current supported Photoshop versions on Google's page here: Google Nik Collection

As of late, DxO has picked up the plug-in collection and will resume development. Mid-2018 seems to be the timeframe they're looking to release a more compatible version of the collection.

You can request to be notified of any updates by them here: Homepage - Nik Collection by DxO

Regards,

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2018 Apr 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you go to settings, when the filter is open, before you click ok and “apply the filtered effect to current layer”so the filter doesn’t create a separate layer, photoshop doesn’t crash.  Also unlock the image before opening the filter, so the layer is “layer 0”

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2018 Jun 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This totally works. Thank you for the clear instructions. Whew!

When Nik is open, click on "Settings" button. Then select "After Clicking OK" and choose "apply the filtered effect to the current layer". So glad to have Nik working again!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines