• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom CC can't export synced Lightroom CC Classic images at full resolution

Explorer ,
Nov 21, 2017 Nov 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone, I am new to the Lightroom CC application. I'm used to using Lightroom "Classic." Well, what is happening is that I create a collection and sync it. I edit on the go on my tablet, view them on my phone and finally sometimes I use lightroom CC on my Surface Pro 4 (which runs Lightroom CC better than Classic). Today I wanted to export some of the pictures and it gives me an error saying "Some images could not be exported at the size you requested because we couldn't access the full size original. (1)"

If anyone has any ideas on how to fix this I'd be very grateful.

Everything is updated and I'm 100% certain all the files are successfully synchronized.

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom CC Classic will sync Smart Previews from your Collections to the Adobe Creative Cloud. You will not get full resolution files from there to create full resolution copies.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm, I figured it always synced a full resolution copy.

Is there any way to force a full sync? Because I find it funny how Lightroom CC is being sold as a separate plan with 1tb of data. If you can't sync between your two devices, what's the point? You can only export full resolution images from 1 PC? That's absurd.

Surely there must be a way, otherwise what is the point of having Creative Cloud storage if it's not actually used to back up your full resolution images?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 22, 2017 Nov 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

KentSpain85  wrote

Surely there must be a way, otherwise what is the point of having Creative Cloud storage if it's not actually used to back up your full resolution images?

It's not intended to be a "backup of your full resolution images", it's actually designed to be the main repository of those images (which Adobe also internally backup). The Adobe "cloud ecosystem" has various fully integrated members, e.g. LRCC, LRmobile on phones and tablets, and LRWeb. These all operate in the same way, specifically they will always upload as originals any images which are added (and which can in some cases be optionally stored locally as well) and will sync all changes to each other via the cloud.

LR Classic, on the other hand, is still desktop-centric, not cloud-centric, i.e. your originals remain on your hard drive, and the user is responsible for their backups. As such it does not have full membership status (and never has had even when LRmobile was introduced back in LR5), so only smart previews of your originals will upload, and only some data will sync with the cloud (edits do, some metadata does, but keywords and location data do not, and possible never will).

You could always import new images into LRCC first, rather than into LR Classic. That will upload the originals to the cloud, and from there they will sync back down into your LR Classic catalog (as full originals), and you can specify the location for those downloaded images in the LR Classic preferences (the Lightroom CC tab).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may have miss interpreted my message to be clear

The new Lightroom CC does upload the full resolution files you import there, raw files and other supported photo files and video.

Lightroom Classic CC will sync from your collections in your Catalog if you have selected them for syncing. This will be smart previews the original files are stored on your computer system.

See the screen capture.

Screen Shot 2017-11-21 at 12.13.32 PM.png

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was very confusing for me. It clicked when I realised that when you first move from Lightroom Classic to Lightroom CC, it will begin by just syncing smart previews to Adobe, which doesn't count as part of your 20GB storage limit. It's only once you formally migrate your catalog to Lightroom CC (which does NOT automatically happen when you first open Lightroom CC) that the ORIGINAL photos start getting synced to the cloud.

This was very helpful: Migrate photos and videos from Lightroom Classic CC to Lightroom CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no technical reason why Lightroom Classic couldn't sync full resolution files. Add your voice here if you would like that workflow enabled: Lightroom Classic: Should be able to Sync full raw files to the cloud, not just smart previews | Pho...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jao vdl, just a thought, I guess that's where Adobe is going with the new Lightroom CC to improve the overall response of the Lightroom application which has been under severe criticism from users over the past three to four years. They now appear to be resolved that the only way to resolve this hurdle is to rebuild the application for the ground up.

They are now at version 1.01 and it will take a few years for them to get there.

Sure they could ask all the existing base to pay an additional $10 per month more for each TB of storage that would be necessary but how would this affect the performance of LR Classic. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I see no speed difference between Classic and CC. They are basically the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines