• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

2018 update version not working well with my Mac

New Here ,
Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting strange bounding box issues. When I try to create text in the comp or ad an image in there the bounding box associated with that graphic is way off from the image or text itself. I tried adjusting the anchor points, and position, that didn't work. I'm  pretty much a beginner in AE so I may be missing something. I'm guessing it could be related to the Display Acceleration Disabled message on my screen and my GPU is not available and CUDA driver? But I am not completely sure if that's the main cause. I use the 2017 version at work. I don't think I'll upgrade there quite yet. Any advice will be much appreciated, thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your OS? What about your hardware? If you do not have an NVIDIA card you should not install Cuda Drivers. If you do have an NVIDIA card and you are running High Sierra then it's a real pain to get all of the correct drivers installed. We need a lot more details if we are going to be of much help. I'm running CC 2018 with no significant problems on 4 different Mac's. Only one of them has an NVIDIA card.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2017 Nov 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick it's the general info about my computer:

IMAC

OS is Sierra,

processor 3.5 GHz Intel Core 15

Memory 8 GB 2400 MHz DDR4

Graphics Radeon Pro 575 4096 MB

just purchased the iMac this week. Looked up NVIDIA card online for my computer's specs and there is no mention of NVIDIA card. Looks like I may not have one.

The rest of the info for my Mac is listed here: iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017) - Technical Specifications

Crossing my fingers, thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 16, 2017 Nov 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you take some screenshots of the errors you reference in your first post?

Also, remember that you can install the most recent release of AE without removing CC 2017. Just make sure you twirl down the Advanced Options on the update screen and uncheck "remove old versions".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2017 Nov 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Szalam,

Thank you for your response. Looks like AE 2018 is now up and running. I ended up uninstalling it and then re-installing it again.

Works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines