• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ePub/eBook/ADE compatibility with reMarkable tablet(s) - please !

Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2017 Nov 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am the proud, and happy, owner of a reMarkable tablet. Wanting to try out it's eBook feature, I bought an eBook (epub), but ADE doesn't recognize my reMarkable, I've been able to load the eBook from the finder into the reMarkable app, but when I open the file the pages are all white in the app on my Mac, and the eBook won't even open on the tablet.

reMarkable have announced that for the time being DRMs are not supported, but I don't know if the eBook I bought has a DRM, is there a way to know? Is that the problem?

How do I (we, reMarkable users) ask Adobe to make the reMarbale tablet and/or app recognizable and compatible with ADE?

Cheers,

Damien

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2018 Dec 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does Adobe's DRM work?

ADE does not recognize my remarkable ereader.

Computer is autorised, ereader connected, does not show up in the ADE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2019 Dec 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well Im NOT the proud and happy owner of a REMarkable Tablet! I had such high hopes for it when I spent far too much money on it and so far have not been able to do anything on it! 

I cant upload ANY ebooks at all! The Adobe Digital Editions works but again NOT with the RM. There is absolutely nothing ReMarkable about it at all!

If you are a student that likes to take notes or perhaps write on pdfs and other papers, then perhaps you will get some use out of it - or you draw.... other than that there is nothing else that other tablets cant do and more.

I asked them to give me my money back and of course they would not, made every excuse under the sun. Im just waiting and hoping that the people that build this archaic monstrosity actually catch up with real technology! Then perhaps Ill find some use for it. In the meantime it stays in the box ..... unless someone wants to buy it from me?????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

truth, I just verified, ADE and the RE:Markable are still not a thing... which is so sad. The capability to annotate directly on an epaper page is a vastly superior reading and writing experience when campared to glossy color displays. I'll ping RE:Markable and see what the hold up is. Adobe, do you have insight? Does your DRM prohibit annotation and screenshot? Is it a battery/processor thing?

Calibre works for managing epubs without the schmancy shackles of DRM. And personally I prefer PDF's in the same pagelayout as the print edition, like I get with academic journals, as the page refrences are the same as the original published document. This makes for more coherent citation and shared refrencing in my experience. Looking forward to being able to just carry my RE:Markable and not multiple epaper readers...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought the remarkable 2 this year and as you said, had high hopes. Not only i can not get a e-book on it but i can not even install their app on my worklaptop because of security issues. And the worst part - you dont get any response from them. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2021 Jan 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Therefore, this article explains how to remove the DRM from every eBook you own.
  1. Download: Calibre (Free)
  2. Download: ePUBee (Free)
  3. Download: ePUBee EPUB DRM Removal (Free)
  4. Download: ePUBee PDF DRM Removal (Free)
  5. Download: Any eBook Converter ($30, free trial available)
  6. Download: AzwSoft eBook DRM Removal (Free)

Next connect your remarkable to your PC and use the remarkable app to cooy the Epubs to your remarkable device. The ePub is yours so this not illegal. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2021 Oct 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can you provide a link?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2022 Jan 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2022 Dec 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked great on my Mac. I love the RM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2022 Dec 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This link worked for me - thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2023 Mar 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot, the link works fine.

As far as I am concerned, it was a 2-steps process:

1) remove the DRM, 

2) reconvert the obtained file with Calibre

I would appreciate that RM includes its devices with adobe digital edition.

Tough the device in itself is great to use, specific tasks which are obvious are not that easy with a RM tablet.

In the mean time, I cannot even read a newspaper on mhy RM. Can anyone help me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2023 Sep 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Worked for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2021 Jan 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello There,

Even if I hope you've found a way to do it (before now I mean), I've found a quick fix today, regarding an epub I bought and needed to be opened through ADE. I hope it'll help people in the future too!
Just go on ADE, click right on the epub and select "Show file in Explorer" (or in Finder on mac). Then, you just have to drag and drop the file to your Remarkable Desktop App and Tadaah!

Here's the source, if more info is needed: https://help.overdrive.com/en-us/1219.htm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried that. epub is still only white pages (and doesn't contain all the pages). If you did get it to work, please share!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2021 Oct 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having same issue... any luck?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2022 Jan 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue for me... only white pages...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2021 Dec 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

for me the same actions don't work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2023 Sep 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This does not work for DRM Files but thank you.  The DRM Remover suggested above did work for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines