• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Publish online a book

New Here ,
Jan 16, 2017 Jan 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hy there, I've made a catalog formed by 12 chapters, and i want to publish it online with indesign is that possible?

The catalog is made like a book.

need help asap, delia

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guru , Jan 16, 2017 Jan 16, 2017

Don’t do it!!!

500 pages is too large for Publish Online to handle in a single document.

Keep them as separate documents and setup links from one to another.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

As far as I know, it is not possible to publish online a Book.

You'll have to "merge" book in a single document in order to Publish online.

Sorry about that. (but maybe someone will come up with a nice workflow to help you out here)

regards

Vinny

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I have about 500 pages, can I automatically merge the files into on document?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Michael Zaichenko wrote a script that might you help here:

http://indesignsecrets.com/downloads/MergeFiles-2016.zip

Hope that helps.

regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don’t do it!!!

500 pages is too large for Publish Online to handle in a single document.

Keep them as separate documents and setup links from one to another.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you explain how to link them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is how I would do it.

I would post all 11 online.

Then I would go to the File > Publish Online Dashboard where all the files will be listed.

I would find the link for the second section and put it in the first section then update the first section with the link for the second section.

Then I would find the link for the third section and put it in the second section. Then update the second section with this new information for the link to the third section.

I would probably put the links at the end of each section.

But you could put all the links in each of the sections. It depends on what type of content you have.

Putting the links in requires using the Hyperlinks panel. If you need a tutorial for that, let us know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2017 Jan 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Sandee for potentially helping me with my problem with Publishing a Photobook of 74 Pages Online.  It gets to upload about 80% and crashes each time - giving an error message of "Not Connected to the Internet" which is not true - but with an Error Message # of 40.

In view of what you have written above, can you estimate how many pages I could successfully PUBLISH ONLINE or will I have to experiment?

Also - can one Export to PDF and then PUBLISH ONLINE?  Would that be more successful?

Appreciate any assistance.

Karen V.

CC 2017 - InDesign Subscription Holder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,
Jan 23, 2017 Jan 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First thing I would do is divide the project in half and try to upload the first half. I figure it you're crashing at about the 80% mark, then the first 50% must have gotten through.

I would also look at what is around the 80% mark of your project. Is there some huge set of pictures? Or a video? Or whatever?

I only mentioned dividing the job into 11 sections because you seem to have those divisions already.

Publishing to PDF and then PubOnline won't work at all. You can make a PDF and then host it on your own server, but that's not Publish Online.

However, do investigate the ability of Publish Online to also provide a PDF for people who visit the site to download. You don't upload that PDF. Adobe makes it from the Publish Online version.

The Publish Online format is pretty robust. So I'm surprised you're having troubles. Here's an example that has music on the first and last pages, many pictures, animations, etc. https://indd.adobe.com/view/e9288f32-9944-4e24-9859-3b44058bb372

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2017 Nov 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sandee, I have one page, one video 2 pictures.  Keep getting this error two days straight. Changed Proxy settings; Disabled Firewall.  Reinstalled indesign. Nothing helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2017 Nov 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

oh here is the error message i get this time: 

An error occurred while uploading your document. Please try again.

Error #40

ID: 1aad1940-cf4e-11e7-b20d-bb2b3f527620

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines