Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PHOTOSHOP FREEZES/HANGS ON VPN

New Here ,
Nov 22, 2017 Nov 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Guys,

I am using photoshop cc 2018 for mac. I have a VPN though which i connect to a server located in a different country. As soon as i access the server and start downloading/copying any file from the server, photoshop gets hanged completely. Even if I force quit the app and try to reopen  it, it won't. It just gets hanged and freezes. It comes back to normal once the download is complete or we disconnect the VPN.

MacOS : 10.12.5

Adobe : Photoshop CC 2018

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2020 Mar 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a creative cloud license and when I work at home over the VPN, photoshop will work for a short time. Then it will just stop responding. I am on a PC and have to a Control + Alt + Delete and End Task in the Task Manager. Windows 10 user.

Also - I am in the USA and my company is the same state.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 17, 2020 Mar 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try this - some Photoshop plugins require a network connection. As soon as you activate your VPN, they can be affected.

Specifically - try disabling them, then opening Photoshop and connecting to VPN.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/plug-ins-photoshop-troubleshooting.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines