• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re-Activation of Adobe 8 standard over internet or phone is impossible, giving error code 160:41. How I can still use this software?

New Here ,
Nov 22, 2017 Nov 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

re-activation seems impossible over internet and phone. how its possible to continue to use this software?

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Dec 30, 2020 Dec 30, 2020

If you have Acrobat 8.x already installed on a system, it will continue to run on the OS versions for which it was originally designed.

You can no longer do any new installation and activation of Acrobat 8.x. All the activation servers have been decommissioned. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 22, 2017 Nov 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 10, 2020 Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That link no longer works, but I still want to activate Acrobat Standard 8(.1) on my new laptop. So the question is, how?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2018 Feb 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to activate Acrobat 8 standard an i'm receiving error code 159.41. do you  have any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 09, 2018 Feb 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

are you using the acrobat 8 from the message 1 link?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2018 May 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed this link and entered my serial number - verified and entered three times - but all this does is takes me to a page where I can purchase an upgrade.  I do not know what to do!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 22, 2018 May 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

your serial number consists of 6 groups of 4 numbers.  if you enter a valid acrobat 8 serial number, you will be offered a new serial number and acrobat 8 version that does not require a connection with activation servers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the original post in 2017, the activation servers have been taken away (10 years after starting), and Adobe refuse to supply replacement software. Acrobat 7 and 8 are completely dead. I don't say this is good, but it is good to know the situation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, Acrobet Standard 8 is doing a very bad impression of being 'dead' every time I run it 🙂 If Adobe think I'm paying them £13 per month to process a few PDFs, they have another thing coming. There's nothing like an organisation pi***ng off its customers like this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 30, 2020 Dec 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you have Acrobat 8.x already installed on a system, it will continue to run on the OS versions for which it was originally designed.

You can no longer do any new installation and activation of Acrobat 8.x. All the activation servers have been decommissioned. 

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines