• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issues with Indesign 2018

New Here ,
Nov 21, 2017 Nov 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know what changes or updates were made but now indesign is absolutely horrible. I am unable to package or export anything. I have uninstalled my entire creative cloud and reinstalled. I have tried just installing an older version of indesign. NONE of this seems to help. I keep getting errors saying that it cannot copy necessary linked files or  necessary fonts. I have checked and none of my links are broken and I cannot find any issues with my fonts either. I have used these same documents countless times and never had an issue before now. It is extremely slow and freezes up CONSTANTLY! I have several deadlines I am trying to meet but I cannot get indesign to work AT ALL! What is going on? Suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 21, 2017 Nov 21, 2017

Many problems with performance with CC 2018 have been the result of having "Import previous settings and preferences" checked in Advanced Options during the install (it is the default setting). Please see this link in the InDesign FAQ for details and how to fix it: CC 2018 InDesign—Don't Import previous settings and preferences .

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this troubleshooting guide:

Adobe InDesign CC 2018 troubleshooting how-to guide​

Notice at the end of page 5 are some recently-posted Adobe help pages that include steps to take and sometimes bug patches to install.

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many problems with performance with CC 2018 have been the result of having "Import previous settings and preferences" checked in Advanced Options during the install (it is the default setting). Please see this link in the InDesign FAQ for details and how to fix it: CC 2018 InDesign—Don't Import previous settings and preferences .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2017 Nov 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have uninstalled indesign, how do I install without importing previous settings? When I hit install it does not give me any options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As long as you have completely uninstalled InDesign using the desktop app (you get the uninstaller by clicking on the "v" at the far right of the install button and Uninstall will appear as part of a drop-down menu) then you should get a screen that pops up as in the screen shot below which will have another "V" to the left of the words Advanced Options that will show the options for keeping preferences and/or earlier versions of InDesign. Make sure that "Import previous settings and preferences" is unchecked.

INSTALL ID.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2017 Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seems to have solved my packaging and exporting issues. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2017 Nov 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought my problem was solved but now when I try to open a larger document in indesign it crashes everytime and won't open. suggestions for indesign that keeps "not responding"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you running on a network that might have background programs related to virus protection and/or a firewall? I have seen the "not responding" as a direct response to the IT department of the company I work for running system checks and whatever else they do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will check with my IT dept regarding that. Thank you for your help. Also, have you ever seen this issue? I am getting this error box when trying to package a document that previously never gave me any issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are the missing linked files on your hard drive or on a server?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are on a server.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try putting the links on your hard drive and see if you can successfully collect. If you are successful then I would speak to your network administrators to make sure that they are up to date and compatible with CC 2018. I've found over the years that many times, mostly due to the fact there are always many different programs that have to run over a network that the network (or even the operating systems on the individual computers) doesn't always get updated to the latest and greatest in order to accommodate older software running over it. When you installed CC 2018 did you first check with your administrators as to whether the network was up to date enough to handle the upgrade? If not, then that may be where the problem lies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I will check on this. I opened the system on my home computer and everything worked perfectly. Thinking it is an issue with my companys servers. Thank you for all your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happy to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you install the patch that came out a few days ago?

November 2017 (13.0.1) release of InDesign CC Release Notes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. My indesign is up to date. Still having issues

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And you have tried ...

resetting preferences? including the various escalations I wrote about in my PDF guide like deleting whole folders and cache files?

or uninstalling Creative Cloud apps and running the cleaner tool and reinstalling? (Something I detest, by the way...)

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2018 Oct 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just switched to PC and had this problem. I fixed it by clicking "Open link in Explorer" for each link in the links panel...I found one that showed as being linked, but had a bad path and just sent me to the root explorer folder of my computer. Once I re-linked that image it packaged fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines