• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro and Display Link Docking station

New Here ,
Nov 22, 2017 Nov 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today a few of our company laptop that use a display link docking station for multiple monitors started to experience a problem after windows 10 updated.  The video player in adobe premiere pro shows a white screen unless I drag it to the laptops built in monitor then it works correctly.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2017 Nov 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no way I am the only one with this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2018 Feb 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this issue as well.  Did anyone ever get back to you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2018 Feb 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this same issue!  have you found a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's a couple things spring to mind.

From talking with other editors ... there was a problem in the updated Win10 OS after build 1607 that has caused some issues with hardware firmware & drivers for some devices ... video, audio, and other subsystems most notably. Reverting back to 1607 may fix that and there's a way to do that though it's a bit of a pain, through the MS help area. This is exacerbated with hardware that is over-clocked, and note ... some GPU's actually ship with over-clocked settings.

MS techs have talked directly of this ... which is where the knowledge of going back to 1607 came from ... but that may or may not be an issue here. And yes, they're supposedly working on fixing that in the next patch. It hit's some but like so many computer issues, not everyone.

The other one is if either monitor screen is 'scaled up' above 100% ... that can cause issues.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The answer was so simple as to be embarrassing.  The laptop has two video cards.  The integrated Intel one and an Nvidia.  I figured that the Nvidia was the important one.  I updated that driver and did most of my diagnosis with that in mind.

It turned out the Intel was the more important video driver.  Updating that video driver solved the issue.

I rue the day that Intel decided it was a good idea to put their crappy video hardware right next to the processor.  Such a bad idea.

Hth

Thomas

[Moderator note: advertising link removed.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for posting back what helped!

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2018 May 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solved my issue. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2019 Jan 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I ended up updating the video drivers through Device Mangers all display adapters including the Display Link entries to resolve my issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines