Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PS CC also slow - internet or computer?

New Here ,
Nov 22, 2017 Nov 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

my ps cc is sooo super slow, needs 6 minutes to save 3 pictures that I batch edIt and needs super long to merge layers etc. My question before I buy a new computer: Is it the slow computer or cloud I also be a slow internet connection? Is CC running through the internet? All my pictures are on an external hard drive....that is also my scratch disk...

thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you're saving the files to your local computer, the cloud and the internet are irrelevant.   none of the cc programs run through the internet.

if only ps is slow, reset your preferences -   https://forums.adobe.com/thread/375776

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you, so I am about to delete my photoshop settings file - I could not find anything about what it will delete. Does it harm anything? Do I have to set up my scratch disk new again? Thank you in advance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can always rename a file (instead of deleting it).  (eg, i like to prefix the file with a dollar sign - $.)

then test.  if you're unhappy you can always remove the $ sign and restore your preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So it doesn't delete anything important? No actions and other things?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it should delete all your customizations which can be a big hassle to recreate.  but those settings can also get corrupted and cause significant problems.  test by renaming your settings file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did that, it is still as slow as before :-(( probably it is the computer...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

so, you can restore your settings because that didn't help.

if other programs are also slow, you might be able to squeeze more life out of your computer by reformatting your harddrive, reinstalling your os and then reinstalling all your programs.

but having a crappy computer that's failing is a good excuse for treating yourself to a gift; a new computer.  i'm a big fan of http://pugetsystems.com computers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines