• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Get Selected Item(s) in Project Panel

Community Expert ,
Mar 14, 2017 Mar 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Going through the examples and documentation, I couldn't find a function or value to tell if a folder or footage item is selected or access that item in the Project Panel of Premiere Pro. Closest thing I found was .select() which only selects the item you have coded. Has anyone had any success with this? Thanks!

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

While PProPanel now shows how to get a message (and all selected projectItems) every time the project selection changes, getting and setting selection are not yet available.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 21, 2017 Mar 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no API around project selections, in current versions of PPro. It's a highly-requested feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 16, 2017 Nov 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any updates on this feature implementation? Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While PProPanel now shows how to get a message (and all selected projectItems) every time the project selection changes, getting and setting selection are not yet available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Bruce Bullis​ this definitely helps! Just to confirm, the app.bind("onSourceClipSelectedInProjectPanel", function()) event is only available in PPRO CC 2018 yea?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And from what I can tell, there's no way to know if nothing is selected in the project panel correct?

I'm basically assigning selected values to a variable to access them whenever I need to, but it seems that the "onSourceClipSelectedInProjectPanel" event doesn't update if everything is deselected. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, I'm only getting up to 2 project item (arguments) at a time from app.bind("onSourceClipSelectedInProjectPanel", function()). Is that a bug, or am I missing something?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 22, 2017 Nov 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The TrackItem type has an isSelected field. You could easily search the timeline when you receive your callbacks for all items where that field returns true to build your own selection set...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sberic​ I haven't used TrackItems before. Do they correlate to objects selected in the Project Panel or Timeline? I'm trying to get objects selected in the Project Panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

trackItems = things on a track, in a sequence.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's what I assumed. I'm noticing there's a selected metadata column in the project panel now, but the metadata doesn't seem to update when an item is selected. Is this a way I can access selected items? Bruce Bullis​Screen Shot 2017-11-22 at 9.42.55 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not intentionally, no.

We're Working On Itâ„¢.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay good to know, thanks for the heads up!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

justin2taylor  wrote

sberic  I haven't used TrackItems before. Do they correlate to objects selected in the Project Panel or Timeline? I'm trying to get objects selected in the Project Panel.

Whoops! Right, my bad. Those are Timeline APIs, not Project library.

justin2taylor  wrote

Also, I'm only getting up to 2 project item (arguments) at a time from app.bind("onSourceClipSelectedInProjectPanel", function()). Is that a bug, or am I missing something?

This sounds like it's either a bug or an implementation detail. Perhaps it's related to "itemDeselected" and "itemSelected" parameters? If you select multiple at once (select one and then hold shift while clicking one several items lower), do you get multiple callbacks?

Bruce Bullis​, I checked the What's New in 12.0? list of changes but did not see this API mentioned. Bug? Missed addition?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 07, 2022 Sep 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Almost 6 years later... Are you still working on it? How to select a project item?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines