• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where is this Crackling/Clicking Sound Coming From in this Footage?

Explorer ,
Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys,

I have someone recording some green-screen footage for me to edit. Some of their clips sound perfect, a couple of their clips have this constant clicking/crackling sound throughout the video. It will eventually stop but what could be causing this? Has anyone experienced this?

I can't take it out with Audition either as it's taking up most of the frequencies where speech is also, I've tried with Sound Remover and Noise Reduction.

Here's a link to a snippet of the footage, maybe you can recognize the audio issue and identify what it could be:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1EvlfDPS_Sr_b0-SovptLqOXHUU3Z41vs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Feb 02, 2018 Feb 02, 2018

Was actually something to do with the internet router being too close to the camera, REALLY WEIRD issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Mentor ,
Nov 22, 2017 Nov 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

maybe the lights or an inline generator. do you have audition or rx advanced? should be pretty easy to remove as its not a complicated waveform and may be at a constant freq you can fix with a basic notch filter without having to even do advanced noise removal techniques.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 02, 2018 Feb 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was actually something to do with the internet router being too close to the camera, REALLY WEIRD issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Feb 02, 2018 Feb 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

yes, ipads/cellphones can destroy mixing and voice overs too. they should always be placed in a faraday cage before hitting record.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines