• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH7: How to get a list of shortcut keys / find assignments?

Dec 11, 2008 Dec 11, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In RH7, is there a way of getting a list of current shortcut keys, or default, or even a way to find out what any one shortcut key is assigned to?
It is very frustrating to go and map a key and be told that the key is used, but not what it is used for!

Peter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter.

I believe that in RH7 you can create your own customised keyboard shortcuts. These are assigned in the Customise dialog. Check out this link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may also want to check out this link although I don't know how up to date it is

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to our community, Peter

I might add that you should also consider reporting this to Adobe. Advise them that we need a way when assigning keys to advise us what that key sequence is assigned to. You do this using the Wish Form.

Click here to view the WishForm/Bug Reporting Form

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again

I just tossed together a list of all the assignments in the Customize dialog. Maybe it will help. It is a simple ASCII text file that may be opened and edited using Windows Notepad. Click the link below to download it.

List of RoboHelp 7 Shortcuts

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks - That is useful!

Strangely though, the customize dialog doesn't show all the shortcut keys. For example Ctrl Shift F (Which I in my naivety I thought suitable for 'find topic...') displays the font drop-down but doesn't show up as anything in the customize box...

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again

It would be nice if we lived in a perfect world. But it is what it is.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 12, 2008 Dec 12, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RoboWizard has provided an excellent list of the shortcut keys, but you can find them in the help file (such as it is) in RH7:

1. Click Help> Contents & Index
2. In the Search field, type: shortcut keys
3. Click Search
4. Click the link called: Use Design Editor shortcut keys (should be the first one in the list)

Be aware there is no scroll bar in the window that opens so you can't see all the shortcut keys...at least that happens for me.

Randi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Dec 12, 2008 Dec 12, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi Randi

Wow, thanks for sharing that. Actually, the help file was the very first place I looked when I saw this post. And I swear that when searching for Shortcut keys, I found a grand total of zero topics that mentioned them.

Anyhoo, I'm happy it's there.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp