• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Colors wrong in photoshop cc

Participant ,
Nov 22, 2017 Nov 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I have just started using cc but have been using adobe programs for years.  I have opened a new document in photoshop and wish to change the background colour.  I have dialled in #D60000 but this is not the right colour.

wrong-color.jpg

The red in this logo is the right colour.

Screen Shot 2017-11-22 at 4.41.29 pm.png

Am I missing a step?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to Photoshop General Discussion

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the file’s Colour Space?

Please set the Status Bar to »Document Profile« and post a more meaningful screenshot.

What are the Edit > Color Settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Numbers are relative to color space. The same numbers yield different actual colors in different color spaces.

You probably think hex numbers are "absolute", lots of people mistakenly assume that, but they mean nothing until they refer to a specific color space (sRGB, Adobe RGB etc). Hex is just a different notation for RGB values.

For screenshots, you can't use the color picker directly. You must first assign the monitor profile, then convert to the same color space the original is in. Then the numbers will match.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Thanks so much for your responses.   I have just been using the default settings on cs6 and have only recently swapped to the creative cloud.

These are the settings .. I set these up years ago.  Using a mac if thats relevant

Screen Shot 2017-11-23 at 8.39.21 am.png

and the document profile is

Screen Shot 2017-11-23 at 8.44.16 am.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines